Field Service TechnicianTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This position is responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, installing, and maintaining UPS systems, batteries, and other critical power equipment. This position also provides engineering and technical support to customers on operational and maintenance aspects. This position reports to
Service Team LeaderYour responsibilities
- Perform required semi-annual and annual preventative maintenance service to equipment under contract as scheduled
- Perform initial starts-ups
- Work with other team members to complete custom and large installation projects
- Educate customers on basic operation of their equipment, informing them of issues they may experience and the necessary corrective actions
- Maintain and safeguard company-issued tools and equipment
- Complete paperwork in a timely and accurate manner including Field Service Reports, RMA’s, timecards, and expense reports
- An Associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or a highly related field
- A minimum of 2 years of experience servicing, troubleshooting, installing, and maintaining critical power equipment
- Experience in Lieu of degree may be considered
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Proven reasoning abilities and sound judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to express commitment to the company, its customers, and its employees
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Technician http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Technician
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.#LI-Hybrid
- Data Collection
- Electrical Engineering
- Expense Management
- Fact Checking