URL blocked - click to apply is a store to explore, an ever-changing retail concept that brings a new theme to life every couple of months, through a mix of new products and events for all ages. Think: kids crafting sessions, mixology class, makeup tutorials, and meet and greets with your favorite author. We’re also the best spot to explore fun, tasty, colorful, playful, surprising, gifts for everyone - including Y-O-U. We’re very big on supporting small businesses, obsessed with great stories and we believe that entrepreneurs have so much to tell us all.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Integrated Merchant Assistant is responsible for supporting the Integrated Merchandising team to drive sales, margin, turn, and growth by devising and recommending assortment strategies and supporting assortment optimization. The position requires strong business acumen and an understanding of Merchandising. This role requires the ability to translate product performance data into recommended advertising strategies and featured product selections that will allow STORY to maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability to compete differently in a changing retail environment. Fundamental requirements include the ability to collaborate, take ownership of your business, and achieve results. This position reports to the Director of Merchandising.
The Integrated Merchant Assistant will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented business partner who possesses professional maturity and ability to build strong partnerships. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and effective at devising and recommending assortment strategies at department, class, and vendor levels.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Execute merchandising vision including item and PO creation, vendor management, order management and tracking, and coordination with cross-functional Macy’s teams.
- Coordinate merchandise reviews and market appointments.
- Prepare and review reporting and recommend actions at the class / category, style, and program levels to maximize sales and profit through changes to buying, planning, and execution.
- Work with the team to co-author new ways of presenting our brand to customers through marketing, store merchandising, services and experiences, and technology.
- Develop trust and build collaborative relationships with the supplier community, other teams across Macy’s, and within the Brand Experience team.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
THINGS YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Vision and passion—to see the future of retail and want to create it
- 1-plus year of experience with buying, merchandising and planning.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to adapt quickly.
- Resilience, tenacity, high energy. Able to rapidly bounce back from adversity.
- Strong communication, both in-person and through modern tools and platforms.
- Ability to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Deep empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to inspire others to action through influence and advice.
- Cross-functional exposure and experience in past roles.
- Financial and operational acumen.
- Comfort operating in non-hierarchical cultures and navigating hierarchical ones.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
ONE MORE THING
We love people with special sauce! Do you juggle, run marathons, plan secret dinner parties? Be sure to let us know!
URL blocked - click to applyis a first-of-its-kind retail concept that changes like a gallery, takes the point of view of a magazine, and sells things like a store. Our mission is to create accessible discovery at the intersection of community and small business.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.