Veolia Water – Project Manager
This position is at an industrial site that processes water and oil residue to remove industrial pollutants. Job responsibilities includes: Providing leadership and direction in a professional and respectful manner; and must be committed to safety; managing and developing people to ensure successful business operations. Achieving performance goals (P&L), Must be a self-starter; able to build and maintain effective relationships, practice consistent and timely follow up with customers to ensure delivery of quality services; demonstrate effective problem solving and communication skills. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Model behavior that contributes to creating a positive, productive, and supportive work environment; that is compliant with Veolia Values and Business Conduct Standards.
• Develop, maintain, improve and execute business plan; provide strategic direction
• Create a Safety Culture - Model, practice and ensure compliance with all safety policies, practices and programs
• Accountability to ensure compliance with regulatory, customer, and company safety policies and procedures.
• Communicate timely and effectively with team, peers, managers and customer. Provide appropriate and timely updates/reports to respective requestors as required.
• Maintain appropriate visibility at customer sites, establishing and maintaining positive relationships, focusing on excellent service and practices.
• Responsible for all equipment and machinery assigned to site; ensure equipment is safe and compliant. Oversee safe operations in the maintaining, installing and the repair of (automatic and semi-automatic machines) which may include pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
• Develop and manage budget to achieve company goals. Review budget regularly and complete variance reports.
• Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the accounting and financial practices for site.
• Account for all spending and assist in the creation of spending and financial reports.
• Hire, maintain, and develop employees; manage and supervise employees. Provide timely and constructive feedback; coach and develop employees; handle performance issues appropriately; and timely acknowledge successful performance contributions.
• Conduct regular staff meeting as required ensuring effective operations (i.e. budget, safety program, training programs, effective work practices, using equipment properly).
• Monitor and initiate actions for new business opportunities at site. Participate to ensure that sales offerings meet respective safety, quality, operational requirements and budget objectives.
• Maintain awareness and a continuous improvement mindset; share appropriate information timely including: internal communications, policies, new practices, methods or services to improve work and work environment.
• Manage operations to plan and acquire staff and equipment to support current and future business requirements.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones; manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Develop, complete and submit accurate reports timely and other operational updates and documents as required, including: proposals, and supporting business documents.
• Travel occasionally within geographical region for meetings and occasionally out of the geographic region, including overnight for training and meetings.
• Maintain current knowledge of industry work practices, trends and applicable regulations.
• Other duties as assigned to support successful business operations. Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED
• BS in Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or related with a minimum of 5 years of operations experience in an industrial environment.
• In lieu of degree, 5 years of relative experience working with mechanical systems in an industrial environment.
• Valid driver license and maintain throughout employment.
- Read and comprehend instructions/signs/directions in English.
- Must be able to perform mathematical calculations, ability to understand basic chemistry and chemical interactions.
• Demonstrated leadership with minimum 2 years of experience effectively supervising work teams.
• Minimum 1 year of experience developing and managing budgets
• Proficient using email, internet, spreadsheets, and word processing software (examples MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Suite).
• Excellent communication skills: verbal and written; able to speak effectively in front of teams and groups – both internal and external audiences.
• Commitment to comply, model and promote a proactive safety culture.
• Demonstrated characteristics: adaptability, self-direction - initiative, organization skills, follow up and attends to details.
• Able to support 24X7 operations
• Able to travel as needed (05%)
• Able to embrace and work effectively in a dynamic, and diverse team environments
• Successfully complete drug screen, physical and for safety sensitive back ground check. Physical Requirements
• Wear required personal protective equipment including; clothing, gloves, respirators, safety glasses, foot protection and hard hat.
• Lift, push, pull or carry up to 50 lbs
• Sit periodically and for extended periods of time; climb ladders and stairs, reach below knees and above shoulders; kneel and crawl to access work areas.
• Stand, walk, bend, stoop; reach forward and grasp.
• Enter and exit industrial vehicles without assistance.
• Balance while walking on wet and slick surfaces, metal grates, narrow platforms/pathways, gravel, rocks and uneven surfaces.
• Able to walk across pathways with open enclosures at heights of 10 to 25 feet.
• Work in loud, cold, hot, wet, dry and dusty environments; both indoors and outdoors and in inclement weather.