Certified Medical Assistant - AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Rollover PDO with service year increases in accrual
Comprehensive benefits package; including tuition reimbursement and matching 403b plan
Patient facing positions receiving company paid initial sets of scrubs
Company Discount programs
Will Be Responsible For:
- Encourages and demonstrates teamwork by pulling charts, following up on radiology and lab results, answering phones, communicating with patients.
- Demonstrates care for one another by working all areas, open to change, sensitive to department needs, effectively participates in conflict resolution/problem solving.
- Collaborates with office staff on marketing efforts
- Communicates effectively with staff to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Performs front office responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates good communication skills respectfully and courteously when interacting with patients, co-workers, physicians, and colleagues within department.
- Pulls and preps next-day patient charts. Ensures all labs, scan results, etc. are available day of visit. Passes key information to doctors/clinicians and front office in a timely manner.
What You Will Need:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Competent in basic patient work-up for examination.
• Good medical knowledge to assist doctor during patient exams.
• Ability to keep process and patient flow on time; competent with basic patient work up.
• Current basic computer skills, data input.
• Good business office organizational skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well independently and with others in a team environment.
• Ability to adapt to change.
• High School diploma/equivalent.
The Medical Assistant provides appropriate care to patients within the scope of the Medical Practice Act. This individual assists in patient education. Also responsible for assisting providers during the treatment and examination of patients and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the provider.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.