At Empire Today, the Sales team is responsible for delivering an outstanding shop-at-home experience for our customers, bringing a variety of products and, more importantly, expertise, directly to the place where the flooring will be installed, helping our customers choose the right product for their needs in a way traditional flooring stores can’t. Our Sales Organization must therefore effectively on-board, develop, and support our sales contractors to the highest professional level and ensure that every customer is given the best possible experience.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Assistant Sales Manager is a key member of the sales management team and has significant responsibility for the market’s sales function and sales performance.
The Assistant Sales Manager oversees, coaches, and drives the sales force to ensure achievement of revenue and growth plan for the market. (S)he is a key contributor in the development and delivery of the market’s daily, weekly, monthly, and annual Sales Plan, and is responsible for all activities related to Empire’s sales activities in the market and for ensuring that Empire Today’s customers receive a superior sales experience while finding the right product for their home or business.
The Assistant Sales Manager’s duties include:
Deliver the business
- Beat the market’s sales plan to over-deliver the market’s revenue plan at acceptable margin levels
- Deliver outstanding customer experiences 100% of the time. Address and resolve any customer issues related to sales appointments
- Manage sales rep schedules and allocate appointments
- Field phone calls from sales reps and help mentor, coach and facilitate their ability to close new orders
- Provide daily and weekly motivation and support to sales reps
- Plan and deliver weekly educational and hot topic meetings with all sales contractors
- Monitor and track key sales metrics; recommend and take actions to improve or further extend
- Participate in sales and management meetings as scheduled
Develop the business
- Forecast and deliver on monthly sales goals
- Forecast staffing needs and work with sales recruiters to recruit and hire new sales reps
- meet with and assess new sales rep contractors
- Support Empire’s sales education program for newly hired sales reps
- Provide performance opportunities to sales reps
- Complete in-field ride-along assessments with sales reps to help improve their performance
The successful candidate will possess:
- At least 1 year of demonstrably-successful experience in sales management with at least some background in direct to consumer, in-home, or direct sales or sales management
- Sales or sales management experience in the flooring or home improvement industries preferred, ideally at mid- to high-price points and with financing involved
- Sales or sales management experience in first-call close settings
- 3+ years demonstrably-successful performance as a quota’ed sales person in consumer-facing sales
- Strong customer service orientation and experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to persuade others
- Strong skills in using MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and handheld tablets
- A high degree of organization, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours and weekends
- High School Diploma or GED; 2 year degree or equivalent preferred
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and verifiable auto insurance required.
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies. By pressing apply and providing your telephone number and email address, you authorize Empire Today to contact you by email or telephone at the wireless or landline phone number provided using automated phone technology and/or text messaging. Message and data charges may apply. You may revoke consent at any time.