To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Assurance Assistant Supervisor
OSI Group • West Chicago, IL
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for supervision and leading of QA employees in order to assist in the execution of establishing, implementing, and maintaining the measurements and systems to assure that raw material supply and finished products meet or exceed OSI standards, customer standards, regulatory expectations, and industry standards.
- Assists QA & Food Safety Supervisor, Assistant QA & Food Safety Manager , QA & Food Safety Manager in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the HACCP, SSOP, GMP and other Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs to assure safe food handling practices, quality products, and regulatory compliance.
- Provide necessary technical resources and information to all Plant Department Managers, and report all quality deviations to the QA & Food Safety Supervisor, Assistant QA & Food Safety Manager, QA & Food Safety Manager and appropriate staff.
- Reviews and ensures necessary documentation is in place to assure that established standards of quality and food safety are met.
- Responsible for staffing of and continuous improvement of the QA & Food Safety Department - Manage, train, coach, lead, and supervise all plant QA & Food Safety staff.
- Investigate all product complaints and document and recommend corrective action.
- Perform and/or oversee HACCP and GMP audits of the process as well as employee training in these areas as needed.
- Utilize SPC and other statistical tools to improve areas within the QA function. Produce and distribute reports analyzing QA, Food Safety and Microbiological data and trends of raw materials and finished products. Provide recommendations to management where unacceptable QA or Food Safety results have been identified
- Assist in overseeing the execution of all microbiological and chemical sampling, submission to third party lab and review and reporting of results.
- Act as plant representative to USDA personnel as needed.
- Covers duties in the absence of QA & Food Safety Supervisor; Trains crew leader to assume supervisory position in the event of absence or promotion.
- Assist in the preparation for and execution of customer, corporate, and third party audits.
- Produce and distribute reports analyzing QA, Food Safety and Microbiological data and trends of raw materials and finished products. Provide recommendations to management where unacceptable QA or Food Safety results have been identified.
- Assist in the execution of special product tests.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently when required.
- Direct reports include: None.
- Perform other duties as assigned.