Responsible for creating a culture of excellence and learning among staff, through role modeling, quality education, competency assessment and team building activities. Evaluation of care provided to patients is determined by assessing competency of clinical staff on an ongoing basis, evaluating care provided to patients by bedside observation of quantity and quality of clinical services, assessing staff’s demonstration of proper procedures and attitudes and reviewing medical records and documentation. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating orientation, inservices, and education programs. Uses and maintains records of education through the Relias Learning Management System (LMS).
1. Achieveseducational objectives established in accordance with identified learningneeds, policies and procedures, and state and federal laws and regulations thatapply to the practice of nursing in LTC.
2. Demonstrates theability to apply comprehensive knowledge of the fundamental of the nursingprocess, understands standards of care, and demonstrates sound decision makingand judgment in education activities involving all levels of patient carepersonnel.
3. Applies nursingtheories and trends appropriately in an educational setting.
4. Uses personalqualities, professional techniques to stimulate the interest of learners, andmethods to make learning fun while motivating partners to constructive actionin learning.
5. Oversees thehealthcare centers orientation program for new partners and recommendsprogression to permanent employment or extension of theorientation/probationary periods, as well as baseline, annual, and on-goingclinical competency evaluation of nursing partners.
6. Plans,prioritizes, organizes, and conducts structured learning experiences to meetthe individual needs of the partners, overall facility needs, and the strategicgoals of the healthcare center.
7. Based onpartner/facility needs assessments, ensures all programs conducted address thedevelopment of psychomotor (technical), cognitive (clinical reasoning), andaffective (behavior) domains of learning.
8. Consults withand/or involves the RN Clinical Education Consultants, Senior NurseConsultants, community resources and/or other organizational resources to meetthe education needs of healthcare partners.
9. Conducts/coordinatesrequired training classes for licensed nurses monthly. Primary educator for facility-based trainingprograms including but not limited to Basic Life Support (BLS), Wound Care,Tracheostomy Care, and Infusion Therapy.
10. Collaborates with Consulting Services NurseAide Training Program (NATP) Instructors during the PruittHealth In-facilityCertified Nurse Aide Training Program and coordinates student assignmentsbetween the completion of the formal course and the student’s Statecertification, if applicable.
11. Provides clinical and hands on instruction,and the on-the-job coaching to licensed and unlicensed partners.
12. Utilizes and disseminates currentevidence-based nursing literature and other educational materials as a methodof educating healthcare center partners.
13. Manages partner education files(paper/electronic).
14. Monitors license/certification statusthrough PeopleSoft system.
15. Analyzes and utilizes evaluation feedbackfrom educational programs to assist in the revision and development of currentand/or future classes.
16. Maintains all educational resources,including written, electronic, and videos, making them available to partnerswhen needed.
17. Coordinates student’s clinical experienceswith the facility; provides orientation for visiting faculty and students.
18. Serves as the facility InfectionPreventionist and coordinates the Employee Health Program.
19. Establishes and implement infection controlprogram designed to provide a safe, sanitary and comfortable environment and toprevent the development and transmission of disease and infection.
20. Conducts infection control surveillance activitiesto investigate, control and prevent infections in the facility.
21. Provides consultation to all departments onapplication of infection control principles and procedures to specificsituations.
22. Conducts staff training and monitorperformance particularly for proper hand washing, isolation techniques anduniversal precautions.
23. Implements workplace safety programs in thefacility including hazard communication, occupational exposure to blood bornepathogens and required record keeping of occupational illnesses and injuries.
24. Maintains material safety data sheets andexposure control plan for blood borne pathogens readily accessible to allstaff, 24 hours a day.
25. Coordinates Hepatitis B Vaccination Programand post exposure evaluation and follow up requirement.
26. Participates in the Quality AssurancePerformance Improvement (QAPI) program, attending regularly scheduled meetings,and conducts educational experiences that facilitate performance improvement inthe healthcare center.
27. Attends workshops designed for theProfessional Development/Staff Development Educator and participates in othereducational experiences that assist partners in maintaining and improvingpersonal clinical and teaching competencies.
28. Participates in the interview and selectionprocess of clinical staff.
29. Completes initial competency assessment ofclinical staff during orientation process, annually and as needed.
30. Identified and trains clinical staff whowill serve as preceptors for new partners, using train-the-trainer approach. Oversee preceptor program and meet withpreceptor team on a regular basis, to ensure that organizational standards,policies and procedures are maintained.
31. Conducts competency assessments todetermine partner learning needs based on patient conditions and acuity.
32. Meets regularly with DHS to review learningneeds, coordinate training and to implement plans for education and follow-up.
33. Communicates regularly with unit managersregarding new partner orientation and competency status and ongoing educationalneeds of unit staff.
34. Reviews with DHS outcomes of case mix andclinical meetings to identify clinical learning needs for partners.
35. Participates in performance improvementactivities.
36. Serves as Pruitt University systemadministrator for facility, providing training for partners and promotingongoing use of this education tool among all partners.
37. Maintains documentation of all partnereducation in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
38. Develops and direct facility orientationprogram and training for new employees including general orientation tofacility policies, procedures, philosophy of care and regulations that governlong term care.
39. Communicates and interpret policies andprocedures to nursing staff.
40. Monitors practice for effectiveimplementation.
41. Maintains confidentiality of employeemedical records. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Strong clinicalassessment skills and demonstrated clinical competency.
• Leader,advisor/mentor, researcher, facilitator, and change agent.
• Knowledge ofregulations impacting LTC, assisted living, home health, hospice, and otherparts of the organization.
• Ability tocommunicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Exceptionalability to work independently and in teams, handle additional projects asassigned, meet tight deadlines, and manage multiple priorities and projectssimultaneously. Conflict management/resolution.
• Computer skillsincluding Microsoft Word required, Excel and Power Point preferred.
• Ability toutilize several types of media (written, software, podcasts, etc.) and AVequipment for training courses.
• Knowledge anduse of Adult Learning Principles.
• Work historyshould document volunteer or paid teaching experiences including competencyassessment of skills.
• Demonstratesexcellent clinical assessment skills and ability to teach these skills tofacility partners utilizing the principles of Adult Learning.
• Maintainspersonal clinical competency through continuous use of Pruitt University andany other sources needed to maintain and improve skills, including trainingrequired by organization.
• Participates incenter/agency surveys (Licensure/JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
• Attends andparticipates in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes inyour field as well as to maintain current license/certification as required.
• Attends andparticipates in mandatory in-services.
• Honorspatients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination,individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wagecomplaints.
• Complies withcorporate compliance program.
• Reportsjob-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards includingexposure to blood and body fluids and others as necessary.
• Followsestablished safety regulations, to include fire protection and prevention,smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
• Followsestablished safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working withequipment.
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university, or Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) but currently enrolled in a BSN program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Experience in implementing and maintaining policy-driven practices is highly desirable; history of working with state/federal regulations a plus.
Experience in providing patient, family and/or staff education strongly encouraged.
Recent acute care or LTC experience.
Education in the theory and principles of adult learning.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice.
Current CPR (BLS) certification.
Within six (6) months of hire successful completion of organizational training programs: IV Certification, Pain Management, Wound Care, Respiratory Care, and CCC Certification.
Within twelve (12) months obtain American Heart Association CPR Instructor Certification.
Infection Preventionist Certification.
State specific Certified Nurse Aide Program, Train the Trainer (TTT) Engages, if applicable.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
CPR Instructor preferred.
Certification by Nationally Accredited Nursing Organization highly preferred (i.e. Gerontological Nursing, CRNI, or Certified Nurse Educator).
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Jun 12, 2020, 4:46:59 PM
Evaluation Of Care
Registered Nurse Certified
Basic Life Support
Intravenous (Iv) Fusions