To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfield, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd shift) - Fairfield, NJ
Getinge Group • Fairfield, NJ
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Together we can make a difference
At Getinge we are dedicated and passionate about helping our customers save lives and ensure excellent care. We provide innovations for operating rooms, intensive-care units, sterilization departments and for life science companies and institutions. Our portfolio combines well-known product brands such as Maquet, Pulsion, Atrium, Lancer and Datascope – just to name a few.
A career at Getinge will provide career opportunities that both inspire and challenge. Here, you can make a difference every day.
Job Functions: (Primary “essential” duties and responsibilities)
- Review master production schedule for work hour requirements (MAN loading) and develop department weekly schedules.
- Track actual against schedule quantities adjusting MAN loading requirements in order to insure schedules are met.
- Review and update procedures and specification through the ECN process.
- Recommend overtime requirements to the production Manager.
- Manage labor, material variances and inventory.
- Seeks and recommends continuous improvements of production processes, equipment.
- Partner with Engineering on protocols and tooling qualifications as they relate to the introduction of new/and modified equipment to insure compliance within company standards and GMP guidelines.
- Exercises sound judgment and analytical skills to make technical decisions and provide technical information to Engineering as they relate to such areas as new tooling, prototypes, assemblies, PD specifications and new processes.
- Accept or reject product based on specifications.
- Conduct new employee training and document in training logbooks, recommend new training methods as needed.
- Delegate assignments to manufacturing Leads and Senior Operators as appropriate.
- Lead and develop teams through effective management and communication consistently applying company policies and practices to create a positive work environment.
- Proactively coach and counsel employees for performance improvement in areas such as production (quality and quantity), attendance and interpersonal skills. Compile and conduct formal performance evaluations.
- Responsible for identifying training requirements and training completion for direct reports.
- Accept or reject product based on specification.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to conduct performance management programs.
- Take appropriate corrective action as need for team member non-compliance with company policies or procedures (e.g. attendance, performance and quality).
- Make technical decisions and provide technical information to Engineering related to new tooling, prototypes, assemblies, PD specifications and new processes.
- Delegate workload to manufacturing Leads/Senior Operators as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated, flexible and results oriented; requires minimal direction.
- Effective communicator; collaboratively resolves issues.
- Demonstrated ability to meet production requirements while maintaining strict quality criteria.
- Ability to lead and motivate others; communicates effectively with production team members and other departments.
- Experience with effective coaching and performance management.
- Familiarity with working in a highly regulated production environment.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Lotus Notes programs.
- Minimum of a two-year technical degree with at least four years of supervisory experience in a FDA regulated environment.
- Experience in generating manufacturing process documentation.
- Working knowledge of GMP, ISO and OSHA requirements.
- Proficient with Process Validation.
- Prior experience within the following environments preferred: assembly of plastics components; injection molding, extrusion or related fields; tool and fixture.
Getinge Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world’s most desired medtech company.