Transco Railway Products Inc. - Sheldon
We are looking for a Car Repairman to perform a variety of railcar repairs, program, and wreck repairs as well as modifications to railcars.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment including but not limited to pneumatic and hydraulic tools, grinders, jacks, welders, cutting torches, forklifts, and cranes safely and proficiently.
- Learn, comprehend, apply, and communicate all AAR, FRA, Customer and Transco requirements.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- May work in confined spaces and at heights exceeding 4 ft. off the ground with proper PPE and fall protection.
- Close mental and visual attention required, coordinating manual dexterity with mental and visual attention for sustained periods of time.
**Do not worry if you think that you do not meet all the qualifications.** The tools, technology, and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience.
It is the policy of Transco to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation, gender identify, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic protected by the law.
Transco Railway Products, Inc. has been the leader in providing railcar maintenance and services to the railcar industry. We have earned the reputation for honesty, integrity, and superior quality which has allowed us to establish a committed customer base. Transco is part of Marmon - a strong, growing, global organization that consists of more than 100 autonomous manufacturing and service companies. Join our local team in Sheldon!