Responsible for managing small business banking relationships for a large geographic region.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Oversee all business banking lending activities for a large geographic region, ensuring appointments are set, business goals are met or exceeded and risk is minimized.
- Interact with retail branches to promote small business relationships. Attend branch manager and other retail branch meetings. Direct various contests promoting business.
- Review and recommend strategic goals and plans for geographic region’s business banking lending.
- Mentor lenders in business banking lending process and philosophy behind the M&T business banking model.
- Exercise the usual managerial authority with respect to staffing, hiring, termination, performance management, and salary recommendations.
The position is responsible for interacting with branch management to cultivate and promote business banking relationships.
The incumbent must keep current with customer demand for competitive business banking products and investment methods.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Manages all BB Sales activities in a designated region.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or the equivalent in work experience.
Minimum ten to twelve years commercial lending experience.
Seven to ten years in a managerial capacity.
Knowledge of software utilized within the department.
Self-motivated, well-organized individual.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of bank personnel as well as clients and potential customers.
Thorough knowledge of the bank’s policies, products and services.
Ability to function professionally at many different levels (client, management, peers).
Attendance at functions outside of normal working hours.
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, United States of America