The Field Engineer is responsible for the configuration, testing, calibration and functional completion of projects, as well as troubleshooting and solving equipment issues, system configuration issues, or design issues. This position should work with all field technicians mentoring, coaching, and developing the technical staff to be the most respected workforce in the industry. Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to loading and testing control system code, creating and implementing audio DSP files, provisioning AV conferencing equipment, calibrating audio systems, audio video display systems. This position will also be responsible for promoting and adhering to company and industry standards for Installation, Commissioning and Quality Control to fulfill and exceed customer expectations. This position will provide leadership and technical support to projects, and assists in managing customer relationships at their site by providing professional, courteous support at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The essential duties for this position have been identified as the following:
- Attend Project Kick Off meetings, understand Scope of Work, Project Schedule, and Technical Requirements.
- Perform site surveys when required to assist Systems Designers or Project Managers in gathering information.
- Insure all Technicians adhere closely to the Whitlock Standards and Best Practices Guide paying close attention to use of approved materials, tooling, and techniques.
- Ensure all cabling is properly terminated per industry and Whitlock standards.
- Setup, test, calibrate and commission equipment and devices as required to produce fully functional systems. This includes video displays, multi-display systems, projection screens, video wall systems, cameras, switchers, scalers, processors, extenders, interfaces, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, control systems, CATV, MATV, SMATV antenna/distribution systems, IPTV distribution systems, network switches, signal quality measurement, and Control System operability.
- Collaborate with Control Systems Programmer to sure that all system devices are setup appropriately for control, and interact with the control system to produce expected and reliable results.
- Fully commission audio systems including DSP file development, gain structure, equalization, control block functions, instance tags, and any network related items. Perform these tasks using Whitlock provided test and calibration equipment.
- Call manufactures directly upon discovering failed equipment and set up Return Authorizations and copy the Project Manager on all correspondence.
- Insure that all Whitlock Integrated Systems are Dependable, Serviceable, and Documented.
- Commissioning Specialists should be prepared to develop System User Guides, and conduct onsite training for customers. Professional presentation skills and customer Q&A interaction is required.
- Complete Daily Job-Site Reports and send to Project Manager and Field Supervisor.
Whitlock is a video collaboration company that provides strategy, management, technologies and support to the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. We believe face-to-face collaboration creates stronger relationships and makes way for both business and personal success. This is our primary focus for our customers and the Whitlock family. Our goal is to build the best environment to enable and inspire great work and high performing teams, all motivated by our vision to be #1 by putting our customers first.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma, Bachelor’s degree preferably
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the installation and commissioning of audiovisual systems
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Lead Technician or approved equivalent is required for the Senior Technician position.
- Advanced level of end user experience with audio and video conference systems.
- Intermediate level of end user experience with professional audio mixing consoles, broadcast AV switchers, and professional broadcast camera systems
Keywords: (audiovisual, audio visual, audio-visual, a/v, av, project manager, designer, engineer, programmer, tech, technician, crestron, biamp, polycom, amx, Extron, CTS, CTS-D)
Programmable Logic Controllers
Field Service Management
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)