Support Producer and Marketing Account Executive, if applicable, by serving the larger and/or more complex clients and/or be viewed as a leader and resource by colleagues and peers who provides exceptional client service and serves as a mentor to others. Be knowledgeable of coverages, carrier guidelines, underwriting, legislative changes, and maintain relationships with clients and carrier representatives. Exercise independent decisions relating to client analysis of coverage, recommending coverage needs, and suggesting new lines of coverage for existing clients, as appropriate. Develop strong relationships with carriers and market accounts as requested by Producer and/or Marketing Account Executive. Aviation experience is a plus!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Build and maintain key client and carrier relationships by phone, email and in person.
2. Assist assigned clients and staff with service questions related to administration, billing, claims issues and problem solving, upon request.
3. Continually seek cross-sell opportunities and suggest new lines of coverage.
4. Work with Producer and/or Marketing Account Executive, if applicable, to monitor and manage the renewal process for assigned clients. Coordinate meeting with client and/or Producer to present the renewal and supporting documents to gain acceptance of the renewal or commitment to go to market for alternative options.
5. Lead the marketing of accounts as requested by Producer and/or Marketing Account Executive, if applicable.
6. Prepare marketing information or provide required information to a marketing person. As appropriate, present the options to the client.
7. Complete the implementation process; prepare and deliver all applicable forms to client.
8. Formulate a plan with Producer to conduct relationship management meetings and/or visits with assigned clients.
9. Proficient in the client management system(s), specifically to update policies that are written or renewed, log activities to document client meetings, carrier follow-up, service issues, establish follow-up date and daily manage follow up in client management system(s). Also, understand how to use the system to acquire information to assist clients.
10. Attend seminars, classes and carrier meetings to keep abreast of new products available for clients and acquire expertise in legislative changes, as opportunities occur.
11. Mentor team members.
12. Other duties and responsibilities as requested by management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of relevant insurance industry experience
3. Appropriate insurance license(s)
4. Strong client relation skills to build and maintain positive business relationships with clients and market contacts; including excellent communication skills and service orientation, cooperative nature, and tactfulness to resolve client and company problems
5. Ability to utilize leadership skills by providing direction, constructive feedback, development and training while additionally being able to motivate others to maximize productivity and team morale
6. Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite
7. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Advanced degree
2. Certification in field of endeavor
3. Experience with Requests for Proposal
Qualified applicants please contact Lisa Schumacher at: [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Commercial Account Manager - P&C - Remote
McGriff Insurance Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
- Business Relationship Management
- Claim Processing