•*C2C is not available**
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Anticipated Start Date: 10/14/2019
Anticipated End Date: 12/31/2019
Title: On-Site Services Specialist.MS Ops
Location: Round Rock, TX 78682
Hours: 8:30am-5:30pm (Mon-Fri)
• (Education, Experience and Certifications) Typically Required: Requires high school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
• Some related copy job experience is preferred.
• May require a valid driver’s license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage per Client policy.
• Demonstrated competency in basic computer skills including proficiency in MS Office Suite.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Technical aptitude with printers, copy and postage machines and other office equipment Good customer service skills Good organization skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS, MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Typically, an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation, and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
• Work assignments are diversified.
• Interpret, comprehend and apply complex material, data and instruction – prepare, provide and convey diversified information.
• Some physical effort is required which may involve long periods of standing, walking, bending, reaching, stretching, climbing or similar activities as well as lifting or moving items weighing up to 50 lbs. and in pushing or pulling machines on wheels, which may weigh up to 700 lbs., in order to move for repairs.
• Walking between buildings may be necessary.
• Moderate dexte.
• Provides operations functions in one or all of the following areas: operates high volume duplicating equipment, performs associated copying tasks, operates high volume document scanning equipment, operate high volume mail processing equipment.
• Ships and receives product and supplies, sorts, distributes and handles incoming and outgoing mail/faxes, as well as applies necessary postage.
• Provides copier maintenance and/or repair of customer site equipment.
• May also perform one of the following at entry level: bindery, QC and final check, housekeeping, file services, call center representative, etc.
• This position reports directly to the Site Manager, Site Supervisor or Assistant Site Manager, depending on site personnel configuration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Runs high volume copy machines and performs binding and finishing work.
• Operate high volume scanners.
• Operate image handling software Operate MS Office and Email systems Ensures convenience copiers are working properly, checking for quality via daily inspections.
• Clears paper jams and informs technicians of specific problems.
• Maintains records for management reports and inventories of supplies needed.
• Distributes office supplies, fax transmissions and mail to company personnel and/or designated drop-off points as required.
• Calculates charges for jobs performed and maintains some billing logs.
• Responds to and coordinates all service calls required by customer.
• May perform filing duties in conjunction with specific customer requests.
• Delivers completed jobs to pre-determined customer locations within and outside of the site.
• Maintains daily meter and service logs.
• May travel between customer''s buildings.
• Answers customer questions regarding status or feasibility of job requests.
• Ensures upkeep of convenience copier areas by keeping neat and well stocked.
• Performs duties related to the shipping and/or receiving of materials.
• Uses shrink-wrap machine, paper cutter, hole driller, bindery equipment, jogger, tape machine, stackers, electric stapler and scales in completion of various jobs contracted.
• Uses all copier equipment, calculator, fax machine, postage meter and some PC.
• Performs filing duties, which may include ‘purging’ and archiving old documents.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• The On-site service specialist must be able to provide support in mail operations, event setups, shipment processing, and records management and shred bin services.
• He or She must have the ability to move 50 pounds or more for conference room event setups, packages etc.
• The candidate must be able to meet dress code: jeans, or khakis, polo or dress shirt, tennis shoes.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)
Product Quality Assurance