The Consultant – Dark Fiber is a member of the Network Development team which is responsible for the management and expansion of Windstream’s dark fiber and related conduit / infrastructure assets. They will manage and maintain Windstream’s IRU’s and leases working as a part of a team reviewing contract terms and network requirements along with various Windstream departments. They will be tasked with a variety of projects that include but are not limited to the following:
- College degree in Engineering or a related fieldand 4 years professional level experience; or 8 years professional levelexperience.
- General understanding of optical transportnetworks and how they’re constructed.
- Strong contract / lease interpretation andnegotiation experience.
- Strong Excel and/or database management skills.
- Familiarity with mapping and billing systems.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.