About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 met ropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
At Empire Today, our Commercial Sales & Operations team, also referred to as “Professional”, handles the B2B sales and installation of commercial flooring products to businesses ranging from small offices, property managers, education / government, large business chains, hospitality, healthcare, and restoration.
This individual will be responsible for identifying and pursuing commercial business opportunities in a specific market by directing and assisting the commercial sales team in their sales efforts. This position is responsible for growing the business by working in concert with the Commercial Sales Manager, Commercial Account Managers, local market Shop at Home sales personnel and installation teams, and building and facilitating regional accounts. The Commercial Market Manager targeted market sales objective is $10M/year and the position reports to the Regional Commercial Manager.
- Consistently demonstrate leadership traits consistent with the Empire Way.
- Develop a commercial sales team with collaboration from the Regional Commercial Manager (RCM) and with input from the residential sales manager(s), Commercial Account Managers and Commercial Sales Manager assigned to the market. Team should include direct-report commercial sales people, as well as the local independent sales contractors, interested in growing business through commercial sales. The team should reflect the market size, opportunity, and growth objectives.
- Work with each commercial team member to develop commercial sales skills, personal sales goals, and a detailed business plan to achieve those goals.
- Hold monthly meetings with each team member to review performance goals and improvement plans.
- Go on regular ride-along with commercial account executives and select independent sales contractors to provide guidance, insight, experience, and assistance with larger or more complex jobs.
- Assist sales team with pricing and estimates for commercial jobs, leveraging the national pricing/estimating team when appropriate. Ensure all commercial sales team members have current samples and price sheets at all times for all stocked and configured products and put procedures in place to ensure associates follow the product and pricing guidelines established by the Commercial team
- Conduct weekly commercial sales meetings for commercial sales staff.
- Develop and implement quarterly sales contests and promotions for improved performance and goal achievement incentives with guidance and approval from Region Commercial Manager.
- Act as liaison for National Account relationship within their designated market area to drive account growth and address any concerns.
- Provide individual training as necessary to teach proper procedures, performance standards, and documentation requirements.
- Working with the residential Sales Manager and Commercial Sales Manager, establish a regular schedule for providing commercial info share information to market sales contractors at weekly sales meetings no less than once a month.
- Establish and maintain two separate commercial product sample libraries with one for stocked and configured products and one for special order products. Implement a method to track items checked in and checked out.
- Perform other functions as necessary or assigned.
Planning and Reporting
- Evaluate market channels to determine which ones offer the maximum sales potential, while taking into consideration the channels in which Empire is most proficient. Market channel identification should be based on Empire’s value position, current mill relationships, and service region.
- Maintain and update the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system so it can be used as the single source of pipeline activity for the designated market.
- Analyze the commercial sales team’s weekly call sheets to determine progress, results, new leads, and hot prospects for the market.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on sales team performance.
- Track market channel activity, progress and results for each team member from data included on the weekly call sheets.
The successful candidates will possess:
- 5 years commercial sales and sales management experience preferably in the floor covering industry.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Sales/Marketing or general business preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have a background and work history that supports the ability to build, grow, and successfully manage a sales team.
- Strong experience with both dealer and direct B2B sales.
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing sales plans built on targeted strategies.
- Excellent business sales skills (i.e. communication through writing, presentation development, delivery, and project management).
- Strong oral communication skills (with internal and external partners).
- Strong ability to motivate a team.
- Good ability to lead initiatives.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Team player.
- Good listening skills.
- Ability to communicate with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Takeoff skills and experience with various measure systems.
- Knowledge of Home Improvement or Retail Industry is a plus.
- This position consists of approximately 50% to 70% outside sales and sales management.
- This position requires a significant amount of driving travel with approximately 30% of the time in an office setting.
- The ability to physically and mentally perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
- Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
- A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
- Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family’s health needs.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental Insurance – Twice a year visits at no cost.
- Vision Insurance with materials coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
- Wellness Program – A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
- Empire Perks – An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies’ worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Provide Expert Consumer Insight
Drive Development Strategy
Execute Marketing Plan