IT Business Relationship Manager - Pharmaceutical Technology Development
Macclesfield, (UK) Gaithersburg, (USA) Gothenburg, (Sweden)
Do you have expertise in Bio-pharma industry trends, and passion for creating business strategy's? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the globes most serious disease. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
The PT&D function is comprised of c.1400 people spread across three major hubs in Macclesfield (UK), Gothenburg (Sweden), Durham (US). This function is accountable for the development of AZ's small molecule portfolio, sitting in the value chain between R&D and Commercial Manufacturing. The IT Strategies, Services and Solutions that the PT&D IT Capability role is ultimately accountable for span the needs of PT&D's Laboratories, Pilot Plants and Clinical Trials Supply Chain. It encompasses both the foundational systems of record as well as more transformational digital solutions including AI and Machine Learning.
Here our work has a direct impact on patients - transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to operate at its best and lead a new way of working, combining pioneering science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we're driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that's exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. A diverse set of minds that work cross-functionally and inclusively together. Be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
About the role
The PT&D IT Capability Lead role drives the IT Business Partnership with the global business function of Pharmaceutical Technology & Development (PT&D). The role reports to the Capability Lead for Develop, Make and Digital Transformation within the Operations IT organisation of AstraZeneca's IT Function, with dotted line reporting to the Senior VP of PT&D with a seat on the PT&D Extended Leadership Team.
This role will lead the identification of innovative technology solutions, to create maximum competitive advantage, prioritising high impact business value outcomes whilst ensuring available technology is fully exploited. Managing a team of IT Business Partners, Project Managers, Scrum Masters and Business Analysts, this role is accountable for the successful delivery of these solutions, orchestrating capabilities drawn from across wider Operations IT and AZ IT Function as a whole.
The PT&D IT Capability Lead will use their IT expertise, bio-pharma industry trends and in-depth understanding of AZ business priorities to lead the functional/capability IT strategy development, investment planning, and delivery. You will develop strategic relationships at the highest levels with the senior Leaders in Pharmaceutical Technology & Development, GPO/BPO owners of the drug development process, and global centre of excellence (e.g., Digital Transformation Leaders), identifying ways for IT to partner achieving and exceeding business objectives. This role will lead the identification of innovative technology solutions, to create maximum competitive advantage, focused on high impact business outcomes and will ensure current technology is fully exploited for business benefit. The role will be accountable for the successful delivery of programs, projects, and products.
* Be responsible for the strategic IT relationship with senior Pharmaceutical Technology & Development (PT&D) business leaders and capability areas GPO/BPO's, developing a deep understanding of the business strategies, priorities and challenges, ensuring that IT investment is aligned to business objectives.
* Partner with relevant IT Teams to ensure that all IT services used by the PT&D Function meet the agreed performance outcomes and drive continuous improvement initiatives as required.
* Ensure the wider IT strategy is clearly communicated and understood by senior PT&D business leaders
* Proactively lead IT demand with the business, negotiating expectations to ensure alignment with IT strategy, architecture and delivery capacity
* Gain PT&D business leadership commitment to IT initiatives, using specialist knowledge identify relevance of established or new IT services
* Contribute to all aspects of the business/capability areas by using deep Thought Leadership in the Pharmaceutical Development area to influence the strategic direction
* Proactively seek opportunities through internal and external networks, for IT to deliver innovative solutions to customer issues/challenges and situations where groundbreaking technological innovations can be deployed.
* Lead IT functional/capability governance including steering groups and advisory boards.
* Develop and lead the global IT/digital strategy and global solution roadmaps for the PT&D capability business areas.
* Drive Ideation, Innovation, and MVPs to continually improve and/or transform the business area.
* Own the IT Solutions/Products for the PT&D capability area working with relevant BPOs to drive the feature backlogs and prioritisation.
* Ensure the successful outcome from delivery of programs and projects for the PT&D functional area.
* Collaborate with PT&D to ensure the development of business cases and ensure robust return on investment and TCO of solutions/products.
* Drive the Pharmaceutical Technology & Development capability areas data, analytics, and AI use cases, collaborating with the DAAI team.
* Lead the strategic vendor relationships for the capability area owned solutions
* Lead and development Ops IT Pharmaceutical Technology & Development function to ensure the delivery of innovation, projects and programs meet the business outcomes. Ensure appropriate use of Dev Ops, Agile and Scrum ways of working.
* Rich experience of bio-pharma industry with knowledge and background in Pharmaceutical Technology & Development
* Experience of identification and implementation of innovative technology solutions
* Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions
* Experience of defining the business strategies and influencing the vision of senior leaders
* Experience of leading high value business cases & mobilising high value investments
* Experience in managing, developing and leading virtual teams
* A consistent track record of delivering results
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting
* Excellent influencing, networking and team working skills
* High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
* Able to manage and lead negotiations, expectations, and solutions across complex partner groups
* Expert relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
* Expertise in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
* Proven ability to relate and respond to business needs in an IT environment
WHY JOIN US?
We're a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There's a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that's unique to AstraZeneca - it allows us to dive deep into exploring new innovative technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We're not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent - we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT'S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we'd love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT Business Relationship Manager - Pharmaceutical Technology Development
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT Business Relationship Manager - Pharmaceutical Technology Development
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to IT Business Relationship Manager - Pharmaceutical Technology Development
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
- Agile Methodology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Planning
- Business Priorities
- Business Process Improvement