PG Technologies, LLC, (PGT) a joint venture between Praxair Surface Technologies (PST) and GE Aviation, is seeking an experienced Project Management Leader to join its team. PST in a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies Reporting to PGT’s vice president and managing director, this position is based in either Indianapolis, IN or Ellisville, MS.
The Project Management Leader will provide project coordination and management for the PGT Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams. The role will help build and lead a high-performing project management system and process, organize global PGT project reviews and status updates, maintaining clear roles and responsibilities, and determine proper resource alignment for project execution. The role will also be responsible for project managing key project(s). The Project Management Leader will have matrix accountability for their cross-functional project teams by supporting the PGT corporate staff and management team. The Project Management Leader will also be required to travel to PGT, customer, and PST locations to engage in activities associated with project management efforts.
Project Management Leader
- Responsible for budget and resource planning and management for site Project Management function including staffing requirements, resource allocation and capability building.
- Develop and direct the strategic planning of a portfolio of project efforts, with project managers, ensuring all internal and external customer requirements are met.
- Lead the design and implementation of standard Project Management policies and processes.
- Train personnel in Project Management key principles
- Oversee the coordination of personnel and resources required to successfully complete projects.
- Support the capital proposal process for the corporation and represent site project management capabilities to customers. Assist with project proposals in the generation of detailed proposals and cost estimates to determine technical requirements, timing, funding, and procedures for successful completion of projects.
- Manage key project(s)
- Conduct regular project reviews to assess progress against their baseline schedules, budget and gate review objectives. Make adjustments accordingly to keep projects on track in terms of technical and quality deliverables, timelines, and budget.
- Identify and track project technical, schedule, and cost risks, including the development of risk mitigation plans and actions.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for all critical path unplanned/unanticipated eventualities.
- Coordinate with customers to provide necessary project status and obtain customer feedback.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationship with internal and external customer counterparts.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or management; advanced degree preferred (MS, MBA or PhD).
- Minimum of 10 years related project management experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of project management processes required.
- Thorough knowledge of time and cost estimate development required.
- Demonstrated successful leadership of a project management team/function with successful track record of delivering projects on time with quality.
- Experienced with building and/or improving project management capability for a site or business unit.
- Product development and manufacturing experience is required.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office based computer programs such as MS Project, MS Office.
- Familiarity with industrial coating processes preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% domestically and internationally is required.