Our client is looking to add a Controls Engineer to their group. This position is full-time, permanent, and onsite only in Cleveland, OH (downtown).
This position is responsible and accountable for the design, implementation and support of control system projects from their initial planning and conceptual stage through design, implementation, successful startup, and acceptance by operating management. The design, implementation, and startup of these control systems involve the application of advanced computer/PLC/HMI programming, electrical controls knowledge, and process engineering skills. This position also acts as an in-house consultant to all facilities on control system programming, troubleshooting, software, and hardware. Proficiency in PLC hardware/software design and system integration is required.
- Design and implement new control systems for capital projects
- Significant PLC programming and application development
- Enhance and support existing control systems installed by outside engineering firms and Sherwin-Williams personnel. 24x7 support may be required for critical situations.
- Develop design specifications and user documentation for control system capital projects
- Coordinate the inputs of the project team (1-6 people from various departments) in the design and implementation of control system projects
- Budget responsibility on assigned projects (minor to $2.0 MM)
- Specify equipment, obtain cost estimates, generate bill of materials and expedite purchasing and fabrication of electrical controls equipment
- Lead & Mentor contractors on project assignments
- Responsible for control system commissioning through site acceptance
- Develop control system documentation and reference material for site operations and technical support personnel
- Drive continuous improvement through enhancements to existing control software and hardware systems
- Develop and implement innovative control solutions to increase business value
- Train and mentor various resources in controls/automation (peers, interns/co-ops, external contractors, site engineers, instrument technicians)
- Provide technical support related to control system issues and failures
- 7+ years' experience in controls engineering or related field
- Proven Controls Engineering skills and results
- Knowledge of electrical systems including compliance with NEC and other applicable codes
- Compose Functional Specifications and approve corresponding vendor bids.
- AutoCAD, RsLogix 5000, FactoryTalk Studio Edition, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project
- Portfolio and project management.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate roles with increasing responsibility
- Concurrently leads multiple significant project design and execution; significant project defined as value of $2M or greater.
- Developed 5 year strategic plans with track record of successful implementation.
- Knowledge of chemical batch manufacturing processes
- Certified with Continuous Improvement tools; 6 Sigma, Lean, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Knowledge of industry RAGAGEP for industrial automation (ISA, IEC, PIP)
- Knowledge of OSHA Process Safety Management 1910.119
Microsoft Power Point
Computer Control Systems