To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Dragados • Detroit, MI
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: Human Resources & Labor Relations Coordinator
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Position Summary: The HR/LR Coordinator will serve as a business partner to managers, supervisors, and employees across the BNA US Operations of the US POE, US Bridge and Michigan Interchange construction projects related to the Gordie Howe Bridge by performing a variety of complex, professional level work in multiple functional areas of HR and LR, including: benefits, compensation, employee relations, training, performance management, recruitment, on-boarding and HRIS initiatives. The Coordinator will also be responsible for overseeing the management of the office through the Receptionist.
• Manages broad functional areas of Human Resources for all site locations.
• Coordinates and tracks all training and development initiatives such as e-learning and technical training.
• Coordinates the multi-step recruitment and selection process for open positions including interview set up, background checks, physical/drug screens and new hire on-boarding processes.
• Implements employee relations programs and activities to promote good morale and positive work environment.
• Partners with Construction Management to manage employee time and attendance system. (absences, emergency vacation, STD, FMLA, parental, bereavement, etc.), timekeeping database management and conduct regular audits.
• To ensure that BNA JV remains in legal compliance in the Employee Relations, Employment, compensation, benefits, EEO and AA functions areas (i.e., Wage and hour, OSHA, Equal Pay Act, Drug-Free Workplace Act, OFCCP / EEOC, ADA, FMLA, etc.).
• Coordinates hourly employee badge and time clock items. Coordinate time off with Payroll Department.
• Performs employee onboarding to include data entry into the HR Information system and new employee orientation. Ensures data entered is complete and accurate and employees have a thorough understanding of Company policies and procedures, to include the information included in the employee handbook.
• Prepare monthly reports and ensure timely and accurate submission that meet corporate and division requirements and requests.
• Manage recordkeeping and performance practices that meet employment law and regulatory standards. Insure that such records are secure, complete, timely, and appropriately accessible.
• Actively involved in employee engagement with focus on retention, morale, safety, employee ownership and attracting talent.
• Employee disputes and complaints – Actively listen to problems, investigates thoroughly, works with all involved to develop alternatives and reach final resolutions. Documents and provides appropriate follow-up. Investigates and reports any incidents of alleged discrimination at the workplace as well as makes recommendations for expedient and satisfactory solutions.
• Employee Relations - Proactive in implementing measures to ensure continuous improvement in employee relations.
• Provides assistance to hourly employees and supervisors in problem-solving and policy interpretation. Reviews hourly corrective actions and provides guidance to supervisors on progressive positive discipline.
• Helps to build and promote a strong “Teamwork” environment in each individual work area.
• A degree in Human Resources or in a related business field.
• 5-7 Years working experience in Human Resources and Labor Relations.
• Experience with computers, Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word.
• Experience with ADP Workforce and all modules.
• Professional and proficient communication skills.
• Understanding of Employment Labor Laws.
• Experience working in a heavy civil infrastructure environment.
• Work authorization: United States (Required)
Dragados is an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process.