Our client is seeking a part-time Outreach Specialist to coordinate and implement outreach and training activities designed to increase awareness and appropriate usage of the Alabama Telecommunications Relay Service and Captioned Telephone Relay Service (“Alabama Relay”)
Familiarity with American Sign Language (ASL) is desired, but not required.
The Outreach Specialist will support the Outreach Program Manager in accordance with annual outreach plans and goals. The person in this position will coordinate, schedule, and provide education, training, workshops, demonstrations, and presentations to a variety of audiences on Alabama Relay. The Outreach Specialist will promote and represent Alabama Relay as an exhibitor by attending relevant trade shows, conferences, and regional events. The Outreach Specialist will seek, establish, and maintain relationships with business, government agencies, not for profit organizations, retirement communities, and healthcare providers for future outreach and marketing opportunities and strategies. The person in this position will gather feedback from customers and recommend outreach and marketing activities to the Outreach Program Manager.
1. Educate and promote awareness of Alabama Relay to members of the public, including, but not limited to government, private, and non-profit sectors.
2. Install, configure, and train customers at their residence on the use and features of specialized telephone equipment (i.e., TTY and CapTel) designed to provide access to Alabama Relay.
3. Develop, prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations in different settings and to a variety of audiences; adjusts content of presentation or demonstration accordingly to environment and audience.
4. Initiate, establish and maintain partnerships with public, private, and non-profit sectors for future outreach and marketing opportunities and strategies.
5. Inform the public about the availability of specialized telephone equipment (e.g., TTY, CapTel, amplified phones, etc.) offered by the Alabama Telecommunication Devices Access Program.
6. Serve as exhibitor at trade shows, health expos, conventions, etc. and proactively drive traffic to Alabama Relay booth and provide reporting as requested.
7. Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree desired but not required.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to adapt or tailor communication style to needs of customer and audience.
• Effective oral, presentational, and written skills with attention to accuracy and detail. Adheres to, applies, and retains knowledge of the different types of Alabama Relay services, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Valid driver's license.
• Reliable transportation and adequate automobile insurance coverage, as independent travel within assigned territory will be required.
• Experience using Microsoft Office products.
We would like the applicant to start as soon as possible.