To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Field Engineer, Senior
PAE • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 11 days ago
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the WorldField Engineer, Senior
Duties and General Functions:
- Setup, operate, calibrate, and maintain fixed/mobile radar simulators supporting flight test operations.
- Verify simulator output including measurement of RF, PD, PRI, intrapulse/interpulse modulation, scan.
- Coordinate software accreditation packages, manage system backups, and perform network maintenance.
- Assist in the development, design, modification, and test of state-of-the-art software and equipment.
- Adhere to site security, communications, and coordination procedures as appropriate.
Other Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in performing the stated functions.
- Detailed understanding of Radar/RF communications theory of operation down to the component level.
- Familiar with laboratory test equipment, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- Linux/Unix OS and Ethernet/GPIB networking experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Willing to work early mornings/late evening and overtime pending mission requirements.
- Detailed understanding of Intelligence Community standard file formats.
- Experience with Power, Pattern, Polarization (P-Cubed) analysis and Digital Receiver Technology.
- Knowledge of Test Range Operations.
- Successful completion of advanced armed services technical school curriculum; or completion of at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of courses at an accredited college, university, or technical school in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum.
- Formal Technical ELINT Signals Analysis training a plus.
Conditions will vary. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching.
Possess a valid driver’s license.
U S Citizenship required and ability to obtain a US DoD Interim Secret Security clearance within 45 days of hire, granted a Secret clearance, and ability to maintain clearance throughout employment. If the position requires a clearance.
All candidates will be required to pass a Drug Screening.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.