To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
- AMR Healthcare
- Phone: 303-334-2389
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
American Medical Response • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 1 month ago
American Medical Response
Job Title: Dispatcher (I or Associate)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Dispatcher I or Associate functions primarily as a call-taker telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving, recording and effectively managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various sources.
The Dispatcher I will offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical Dispatch (and as customized by AMR) as a minimum standard of care.
- Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision-making rules and approved protocols.
- Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of shift.
- Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift. This will also include State Run Report data entry as assigned.
- Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for accuracy.
- Assists in locating scene of incidents and selecting the safest, fastest route to such scene using all available locator aids.
- Relays instructions from supervisors, messages and emergency information.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums.
- Follows established parameters/formats in receiving requests for service.
- Responsible for knowledge and use of equipment, including but not limited to the computer, printers, 911 equipment, recording devices, telephones, and other equipment as assigned by superiors.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone's responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have minimal medical training or telecommunications experience or, have at least one year's experience as an EMS or public safety dispatcher,
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skilled in reading and writing English.
- Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone.
- Ability to record, transmit, and report information accurately.
- Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to him/her.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls.
- Ability to understand basic computer applications.
EOE including Veterans and Disabled