Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Solutions Architect to our Federal team in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. As a Solutions Architect and a member of the Pre-Sales Engineering Team, you will be responsible for meeting with Presidio’s Federal customers, collecting requirements for Core Networking Solutions, Data Center and Virtualization Solutions as well as Unified Communications and Collaboration relating to customer projects and developing engineering Solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
A successful Solutions Architect (SA) should be able to present and explain various technologies including networking, collaboration and data center to customers, guide them through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services. Specific tasks include creation of Bill of Materials for Cisco Hardware/Software Solutions, Creation of Consulting Engagements, including pricing of engineering services and creation of Statement of Work.
You will need to demonstrate a high level of design experience, be highly motivated about learning new products and technologies, able to effectively communicate with customers, ensure superior customer service, and maintain a strong customer relationship. You will also need to be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of business level requirements and how underlying technologies help deliver on those requirements.
- Meet with Customers and Collect Customer Requirements
- Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationship and solutions and assist in overall sales process
- Craft high-level solution designs/architecture and present to customers
- Create Customer facing Presentations
- Craft Bill of Materials, Statements of Work & configurations for solutions
- Build Scope of Services and Professional Service Pricing
- Develop and maintain relationships with peers at vendor partners
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 6+ years of experience designing and implementing complex technical solutions
- Federal Experience is a requirement, specific experience in DHS and DOJ is highly preferred
- Top secret or Secret Clearance is highly preferred
- CCNP or equivalent certifications are required; CCIE preferred
- Additional certifications (NetApp, DellEMC, Nutanix, VMware, etc.) are preferred
- Proven design experience in deployment, administration, configuration, or integration, being an advantage.
- Proven experience in building enterprise-class solutions for large-scale global customers.
- Demonstrable ability to design complete solutions using multiple technologies such as:
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus Switching
- Cisco WAN technologies
- Cisco Wireless Controller based Architectures
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco UCS
- Cisco Collaboration experience preferred
- Fibre Channel switching (MDS, Nexus, Brocade)
- Experience with VMware virtual environments desired
- Experience and familiarity with Cloud services, providers, products
- Virtualization concepts, business benefits, ROI models
- Knowledge of Server and Storage Virtualization technology is required.
- Experience with data backup and business continuance and disaster recovery solutions desired.
- Candidate should have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate should be a team player with demonstrated ability to work without guidance.
- Effective interpersonal and active listening skills.
- Strong time management to effectively and efficiently manage one’s own time.
- Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a business opportunity.
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: URL blocked - click to apply
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to URL blocked - click to apply for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to URL blocked - click to apply
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.