Clinical Director, Nursing
Reports to: Location Director, Private Duty Nursing (PDN)
This Clinical Director, Nursing position serves as a consultant to both management and employees on clinical and nursing related issues. The successful Clinical Director, Nursing acts as a resource and advisor to employees and managers. The role listens, advises, and reports on nursing issues to the Location Director. Communicating needs proactively to the Nursing Supervisory Team, the Clinical Director, Nursing works with the Leadership Team to develop and champion integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across shared services to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The Clinical Director, Nursing maintains an effective level of nursing expertise, as well as business literacy and knowledge about Aveanna’s culture and its competition.
- Assigns patients for day-to-day management to Clinical Supervisors
- Maintains open lines of communication with families and physicians
- Evaluates new referrals for admission with recommendations for nursing care
- Monitors clinical status of all patients and ensures coordination of patient care
- Monitors patient care to ensure quality and appropriateness of services
- Monitors staffing patterns of all patients
- Ensures compliance with Nurse Practice Act (NPA)
- Evaluates and supervises staff based on mutually agreed upon goals in job descriptions
- Ensures clinical policies, procedures and clinical compliance are followed through Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities
- Supports and assists in registry nurse hiring, orientation and clinical education
- Maintains awareness of third party payer rules and regulations
- Assists and supports marketing efforts
- Maintains awareness of monthly budget
- Maintains effective interdepartmental communication
- Performs and provides direct patient care as appropriate and needed
- Participates in location administrative and clinical call as needed
- Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Practice
- Cultural Awareness
- Nursing Expertise
- Relationship Management
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities over Clinical Supervisors.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones
- Frequent walking, climbing stairs.
- Getting into and out of a car when providing visit care, conducting supervisory visits or traveling with a patient.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations in the home or during transport. This may require physical strength, agility, and ability to function under stressful circumstances to evacuate a patient, to provide physical support to the suddenly weak or disabled patient, or to perform one-man CPR for a prolonged period
- Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to communicable disease, household animals, latex, or other sources of allergic response and that cannot always be controlled by the employer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand
Approximately 10%, travel is local during the business day with occasional overnight travel as needed
Required Education and Experience
- Registered Nurse, Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Two years of management experience
- One or two years of pediatric/neonatal experience preferred
- One year of home care experience highly preferred
- Current Nursing License
- CPR certified, instructor certified preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and Acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.