KBR is seeking a Geospacial Data Analyst to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA's) National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) in Asheville, NC. The successful candidate will be a team member supporting the Data Stewardship Division. Two main functions of the role include 1) geoportal support and 2) metadata development. This position:
● Provides geoportal/harvester development support.
● Provides GIS maintenance and administration support for geoportal.
● Creates and maintains metadata records for environmental data.
● Develops and manages metadata standards, best practices and implementation of standards and training materials.
● Experience with XML and XSLT.
● Experience with Perl
● Familiar with Bash scripting
● Experience with Python (Experience with Fortran a plus)
● Familiarity with version control systems (preferably Git) in a team environment
● Understanding of ESRI Servers and their back-end server software capabilities.
● Possess working knowledge of GIS mapping systems and applications such as ESRI ArcGIS
● Experience with JIRA
● Familiar with THREDDS Data Server
● Familiar with OPeNDAP framework
● Experience with Live Access Servers
● Metadata standards and schemas
● Understanding of an interface definition language (IDL)
Education and Experience: A BS in physical or mathematical science. At least three years experience working science data, metadata and geospatial data.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
Esri Gis (Software)
Interactive Data Language (Idl)
Perl (Programming Language)
Python (Programming Language)