LETTUCE ENTERTAIN YOU (Nuts, Bolts ‘n’ Nuts team) is seeking a HANDYPERSON. The NBN crew handles construction and remodeling including drywall, painting, flooring and tile work in our restaurants and corporate offices. This position is based out of Morton Grove with regular travel to local restaurants as needed. Our ideal candidate will have full-time availability as well as a strong interest in construction, remodeling and general maintenance.
- Strong interest in learning more about general maintenance including electrical, woodworking, plumbing, etc.
- Skilled in basic construction and remodeling (drywall, painting, flooring, tile work) is a plus
- Possess working motor vehicle for local travel and have proven compliance with DMV requirements
- Have access to basic tools
- Flexible availability including weekends, early mornings and evenings
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join a talented team of food-focused people who support our 100+ restaurants & 8,000 employees in all sides of operations. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Responsible for repair and ongoing maintenance of building and all assigned equipment (see list below) including daily repair and maintenance as well as emergency repairs as needed.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Get along with others and be a team player
- Perform general maintenance of building and equipment as needed to include carpentry, plumbing, and minor electrical work
- Perform emergency repair and maintenance outside of business hours
- Repair of all restaurant equipment including all hot equipment (ovens, fryers, ranges, pasta cookers, flattops, comals, salamanders, heat lamps, pizza ovens, and similar equipment.
- Repair of refrigeration units (reach-ins, walk-ins, freezers, coolers), with the exception at this time for Freon work.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance on all current and future equipment including compressor cleaning, fan cleaning, coil cleaning, grease removal, small parts repair, burner repair, pilot repair, handles, and general overall functions.
- Read and use thermometers correctly.
- Pick up and deliver all parts and equipment from purveyors as assigned.
- Accurately account for all purchases and expenses.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation (including handwashing) guidelines and procedures
- Be proficient in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Communicate in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in spoken direction
- Perform more than one task at a time, calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Accessibility varies by location