Assist people with disabilities to be gainfully employed in the job of their choosing. This part-time position (20 hours per week) requires a flexible schedule and the ability to work in different environments throughout the week assisting multiple people with job skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide intensive individualized training on specific skills needed to obtain employment and at specific community job sites. .
2. Provide support for individuals in dealing with co-workers and supervisors. Expanding relationships/natural supports on the job.
3. Provide remedial skill training as necessary.
4. Communicate with and educate employers regarding an individual’s progress.
5. Communicate regularly with Employment Consultants regarding client performance on jobs.
6. Attend meetings, training’s, and work assignments with clients as scheduled by supervisor and required by program and Benchmark.
7. Track data and keep daily reports of client progress. Turn in progress reports and other information at least weekly to assigned Employment Consultant. Enter time worked with notes into Benchmark data system within 24 hours of activity.
8. Must maintain good attendance throughout employment.
9. Other duties as assigned.
10. Comply with all standards to assure the health and safety of all individuals.
11. Report to work as scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to learn to access email, the Internet, and other computer based programs
2. Communicate through written and verbal communication methods in person, by telephone, and by email.
1. High school diploma or equivalent and work experience required.
2. Experience with people with disabilities preferred.
3. Valid driver’s license and auto insurance