Consumer Banking Attorney - Vice President
New York, NY
Apple Bank is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our growing legal team. The position will work closely with the Legal Department, both with the Deputy General Counsel of the Consumer Banking group, and Head of Export Credit and Commercial Real Estate Legal. As a member of the Legal Team, you will be you will be a key asset in creating processes, providing detailed legal decisioning, and implementing improvements to promote the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal department, facilitate change, and control costs.
This role involves managing and supporting projects across the full range of subject matter supported by the legal team. You must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs, carry out major assignments, handle business operational timelines, be proactive in identifying areas of need, and generating action plans. Candidate must be comfortable making recommendations and proposals to senior management to effect change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work together and advise the Consumer Banking group on a number of diverse topics including, core conversion, online account opening, vendor contracts, regulatory exams, litigation, and general business line requests.
- Track claims and elevate matters that require further attention to the Legal Department, Consumer Banking Group and other service partners.
- Plan, strategize and implement operational efficiencies between the business/legal team and other internal departments, including building automated solutions in Consumer Banking.
- Assist with regulatory examinations, including strategy, documentation review, and narrative drafting.
- Assist with Export Credit and Commercial Real Estate transactional matters.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree required.
- 5-7 years of working legal experience required; commercial banking experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel/MS Applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and manage workload.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental,Vision,401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Attention To Detail