Job Title: Senior Firmware Engineer
Client Location: Greater Seattle Area, WA
Employment Category: Direct Hire
Minimum Salary Offering: $125,000.00
Benefits Offered: Medical - Dental - Vision - 401K (4% Matching) - Annual Bonus (10% +)
Additional Benefits: Eight Paid Holidays - Flexible PTO Structure - Travel/Work Structure
Citizenship Requirement: U.S Citizen/Permanent Residents
Onboarding Requirement: Background Check
Projected Start Date: ASAP
Firmware development for new products. Provide technical leadership in the areas of product software architecture, product functionality, and software solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advanced level abilities in embedded software design including assisting in the selection of microcontroller family/architecture.
- Define and implement software test strategies and techniques to minimize field problems. Develop some automated test strategies.
- Provide recommendations for the architecture of new products (hardware and software).
- Document firmware both within the code and externally in specification or algorithm documents.
- Provide technical assistance as needed to other staff members or departments.
- Develop or direct the development of mobile applications, web applications, and/or other PC-based applications as needed.
- Develop, implement and sustain business processes and best practices where relevant.
Minimum Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- At least 5 years relevant experience minimum in embedded systems.
- Cognizant of UL325 requirements and implementation measures.
- MS Office, C/C++, Visual Basic, Java, Python.
- Microcontroller families: ST, Microchip, TI.
- Firmware Design: Motor control, Communications, Embedded Web Servers.
- BS degree in electrical, software, or computer science engineering or equivalent.
- Strongly prefer power electronics experience in motor drives or battery charging.
- Knowledgeable of both wired and wireless networks, IoT, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Team leadership capabilities i.e., mentoring and guiding other team members
- Battery and Solar management
- Working knowledge of digital and analog hardware as needed to support firmware development.
- Involvement in hardware development and design reviews.
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Java (Programming Language)
- C (Programming Language)
- Coaching And Mentoring