To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Torrance, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Supply Chain Engineer
NFI Industries • Torrance, CA
Posted 2 months ago
The Senior Supply Chain Engineer will assist in development of innovative solutions to solve supply chain problems. These initiatives will lower cost, improve service and enhance operational effectiveness. The successful candidate will possess strong technical skills combined with demonstrated interpersonal and teamwork skills in transportation and distribution solution development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collects data and performs statistical analysis
- Maps and documents processes
- Recommends and implements process improvement
- Applies company methodologies and tools to design transportation operations
- Establishes and implements performance measures
- Conducts Supply Chain and/or inventory analyses
- Redesigns and/or reengineers logistics processes
- Supports business development and creates efficient designs and solutions
- Determines efficient utilization of resources by analyzing layouts, labor force, equipment, driver and equipment utilization charts
- Confers with the Engineering and Operations Managers to implement efficient and competitive solutions
- Manages small and medium size projects
- Applies Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and Statistical Process Controls (SPC) tools
- Assists in the development and delivery of presentations to customers as part of the sales team effort
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Supply Chain, Information Systems, or other quantitative field of study
- Minimum 5 - 8 years of experience in any of the following areas; transportation management, dedicated fleet operations, distribution center management, materials handling, decision support systems and technology
- Knowledge of transportation & distribution operations
- Data management and manipulation skills
- Programming skills to manipulate large data-sets
- Experience with routing and scheduling packages and transportation optimization software
- AutoCAD and Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Inventory Analysis tools
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Demonstrated data manipulation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Strong communications skills.
- Experience preparing and presenting oral and written presentations to management and clients
- Experience with supply chain technology (Appian, JDA, LLamasoft, and Manugistics).
- Well organized with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to learn technical skills quickly
- Understanding of optimization and/or simulation algorithms
- Database skills, especially through SQL or Access
- Basic knowledge in: VBA, Python, R, Matlab, Java, C++, or C# is a major plus
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred,