Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
440 S. McLean Blvd
Elgin, IL 60123
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all AEC employees and that all necessary repair/replacements are done in timely manner for best possible production output.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general and preventative maintenance on electrical fixtures, machines, equipment, hydraulic equipment, and building
- Perform general grounds and building maintenance.
- Work from electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical blue prints
- Determine need for repair or replacements of equipment, etc
- Refurbish and/or rebuild equipment as necessary.
- Monitor and/or test equipment to ensure all safety and codes are correct.
- Ensure that equipment safeguards and protective devises are operational at all times.
- Construct and maintain all fixtures, units and sections.
- Request needed supplies for building and equipment maintenance.
- Operate fork truck as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Regular attendance and punctuality is required
- Overtime, including weekends, as needed could be mandatory
- Must wear all PPE required for the specific work area
Skills and Experience
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills normally acquired through a high school diploma or GED.
- Four (4) years experience in general electrical and mechanical maintenance
- Four (4) years experience in industrial maintenance.
- Two (2) years experience in hydraulics.
- Must have and/or be able to obtain fork truck certification.
- Must have a complete compliment of standard industrial tools needed to maintenance all types of equipment.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Adjustment Of Components
Troubleshooting Manufacturing Equipment