To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shenandoah, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Nursing Assistant
Nexus Specialty Hospital • Shenandoah, TX
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the direct supervision of the nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant assists in the direct patient care and assists patients with activities of daily living.
Job Specific Duties
- Completes and records routine patient vital signs as per instructed by RN/LVN.
- Performs patient rounds at least every 2hrs, if unable to perform, primary nurse is notified.
- Knowledgeable of vital sign ranges and reports any deviation to the primary nurse immediately.
- Assist patient with ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) as needed and documents in patient’s medical record.
- Performs oral care at least once per shift and documents in patient’s medical record.
- Provides hair care at least once per shift and documents in patient’s medical record.
- Ensures patients are turned at least q2hrs, if patient cannot be turned or refuses, the primary nurse is notified and is documented in the patient’s medical record.
- Feeds patients per restrictions as assigned/required.
- Assist with safe transfers as needed.
- Retrieves patient’s equipment from materials management as required/requested.
- Maintains cleanliness of various instruments and equipment used per hospital policy and returns equipment to Central Supply. Reports non-functioning equipment to Central Supply.
- Keeps patient rooms clean and in an orderly condition by removing all trash and preventing unnecessary clutter.
- Communicates with patients, patient’s family, staff, and physicians in a professional and courteous manner.
- Exchanges and communicates patient care information upon change of shift.
- Interacts with patient and families in a caring and compassionate manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Prefer at least six (6) months experience working in a hospital/rehabilitation/long-term care environment
- Certified as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the State in which performing duties
- Certified in CPR
- Certified CPI within 90 days of hire
- High school Degree or GED required
- Basic Computer skills