In this role, you will:
Wells Fargo has committed to hire military personnel and is seeking Lead Infrastructure Engineer. And will be a backup role to the Site Manager and will carry the responsibility for managing data centers when the Site manager is unavailable.
The Lead Infrastructure Engineer position will have oversight for multiple Data Center Engineers while also having direct involvement and impact on day-to-day activities and project work streams within the data centers. Lead Infrastructure Engineer will act as the DC Site Managers backup. This position will provide direction or guidance and support for experienced staff comprised of a team of data center engineers covering 7x24x365+ managing the physical data center hardware and Layer1 changes.
- Oversees scheduling of installations, decommissions, research, and troubleshooting of hardware and environmental events related to data center availability.
- Must be capable of taking calculated risk with the best interest of the shareholder in mind, make sound decisions in the absence of detailed instruction, create, implement, and maintain management policies, standards and guidelines designed to implement, support, and protect our most valuable IT assets.
- Accountable for establishing, standardizing, and implementing site specific operations policies, standards, and guidelines in collaboration with the Corporate Properties Group and other site management partners.
- Responsible for being a strong decision maker, able to maintain operations without risk.
- Responsible for formulating and driving the standardization, automation and simplification of process and best practices.
- 5+ years of Technology Infrastructure Engineering and Solutions experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 4+ years of systems support analysis experience.
- 4+ years of data center experience
- Previous experience as a member of the Armed Forces of the United States or current experience as a member of the reserve components of the Armed Forces of the United States
- 5+ years of Data Center experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of critical site controls, risk management, disciplined data center environments, high availability requirements, and security systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of data center: critical facilities systems: electrical, mechanical, and HVAC systems.
We Value Diversity
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as needed or scheduled.
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 environment.
- Boots to Banking Hires are expected to attend and participate in the Military Orientation and Onboarding Experience.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process. Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Data Centers