You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Unified Communication Tier I Technician
Required Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
State/Territory: District of Columbia
Potential for Teleworking: No
Schedule: Full Time
DoD 8570 IAT Requirement: IAT II (Security+, CySA+, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
DoD 8570 IAM Requirement: None
DoD 8570 IASAE Requirement: None
DoD CSSP Requirement: None
The successful candidate would be joining a 24x7 NOC (Network Operations Center) team that provides multiple services in the realm of UC&C to include video conferencing, telephone, voice mail, desktop sharing, instant messaging, presence, audio-visual streaming, and more. Position level and responsibilities are based on tiered skills allowing for advancement opportunities. Job Description
- Utilize VC Wizard, Telepresence Management Suite (TMS), Cisco border controllers (CUBE/VCS), Codian / Cisco Meeting Management (CMM) Multipoint Control Units (MCU) and Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) to provide Video Tele-Conference (VTC) services and support to include scheduling, monitoring, administrative support, and technical assistance to customers.
- Manage resource availability and conflicts for Video Networks.
- Maintenance of onsite Private Branch Exchange (PBX) analog telephone system.
- Utilize Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) to provide digital voice and video calling, voice mail, Instant Message (IM) and Presence.
- Utilize set-top boxes, Vbrick Rev, and Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC) to provide live and on-demand digital Audio/Video streaming of high priority alerts, specialized programming, plus television broadcast network.
- Utilize Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) to provide solution for automatic call distribution for NOC agents.
- Utilize Service Now to prioritize then complete the assigned request and break-fix tickets.
- Have working knowledge of network topology; along with networked hardware and software tools listed above.
- Possess an understanding of dialing protocols to include H.323, E.164, and SIP.
- Troubleshoot common UC&C issues including identifying and correcting issues with endpoints, bandwidth saturation, profiles, and misconfigurations.
- Create and report all outage notifications and network-related issues according to standard operating procedures.
- Assist in the development of the training, local guides, Rules of Engagement (ROE) policies, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as they pertain to the UC environment.
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures.
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance to lower-skill level employees.
- Complete responsibilities as tasked.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Day Shift: 6am – 2:30pm
- Swing Shift: 2pm – 10:30pm
- Mid Shift: 10:30pm – 6am
- Interpersonal Skills
- Effective Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
- Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
- IAT II (Security+ CE)
- Network +
- ITIL Foundations
- Agile Foundations
- CCT Collaboration (CLTECH)
- CCNP Collaboration (CLFNDU)
- CCNP Collaboration (CLCOR)
- CCNP Collaboration (CLACCM) and/or (CLCNF)
- Develops new concepts and processes.
- Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
- Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities.
- Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or specialists.
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project or team.
- Requires guidance and direction from more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers only when dealing with new, uncertain situations.
- Provides guidance to lower level technicians and specialists.
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required and IT environment specified within the task order.
- High School Diploma + 7 years
- Associate's Degree + 5 years
- Bachelor's Degree + 3 years
- Master's Degree + 1 years
- PhD + 0 years
Our Pay & Benefits Include Compensation
- Above Market Pay
- Up to $10,000 for Referral Bonuses
- Additional Bonuses for Exceptional Performance and Assisting with Business Development and Company Growth
- 100% Paid Premiums for Health Insurance. Choose from over 60 gold-level medical plans from Aetna, CareFirst BCBS, Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare. Choose from PPO, EPO, POS, HMO, and HSA-compatible plans with Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account Options.
- 100% Paid Premiums for Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Vision Insurance
- 100% Paid Premiums for Short-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Long-Term Disability
- 100% Paid Premiums for Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 100% Paid Premiums for Basic Term Life Insurance
- 8% Company Contribution to 401k with Immediate Vesting of Contributions and Pre-Tax and Roth Options
- Up to 25 Days of Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 11 Days of Paid Floating Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedules including Flex Time and Compressed Work Period
- Remote Work including Partial or Fully Remote.
- Active Listening
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 7qYEnQ
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.