To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Silver Spring, MD 20904
- Angela Abernathy
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Epidemiologist (Integrated BioSurveillance)
Cherokee Nation Businesses • Silver Spring, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Epidemiologist (Integrated BioSurveillance )
Silver Spring, MD (ID#14564)
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services with partners in Information Technology. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company’s profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe’s citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at: www.cherokee-cnsp.com
Our client’s vision is to be the integrated, customer-focused epidemiologic and global health surveillance proponent for the U.S. Armed Forces. The Armed Forces Health Surveillance Branch (AFHSB) provides timely, relevant, actionable, and comprehensive health surveillance information in order to promote, maintain, and enhance the health of military and military-associated populations.
We are seeking a Senior Epidemiologist or Senior Biostatistician to aid in that mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports an effective Department of Defense biosurveillance program and operational mission.
- Effectively liaise with AFHSB internal and external USG and non-USG partners leading to the successful establishment of collaborations and/or partnerships.
- Test and implement predictive models for influenza and diseases of military importance.
- Analyze military health-related data using SAS and “R” and create visualizations using the “R Shiny”.
- Prepare formal and informal presentations to military, academic, and other partners, and provide mentoring and informal and formal teaching to the staff.
- Prepare publications, including technical reports, research plans, semi-annual reports, meeting summaries, and manuals, as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Public Health or Computer Science
- Experience in data mining, analytics and predictive modeling.
- Familiarity with national communicable disease surveillance.
- Five years of experience analyzing health-related data using SAS and R language.
- Experience creating dashboards using R Shiny package
- Excellent communication skills, written, and oral.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple timelines and tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in using Microsoft Office software (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint).
- Technical skills to conduct analyses, write reports, prepare briefings, and coherently present results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and able to collaborate with others on projects and investigations.
- Strong writing and editing medical and scientific papers.
- Command of English language and can coherently present analytical results.
- Team player who collaborates well with other professionals.
- Climate-controlled office
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination ProvisionWe maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.