Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek’s Oil & Gas Upstream Services offers independent, mission-critical expertise to the Exploration & Production (E&P) industry. Intertek provides technical support for a wide range of E&P activities, including laboratory and field services for petroleum and natural gas reservoir and production optimization. Our scientists, engineers, and technicians are strategically located to support our clients, and have years of upstream industry experience.
We are seeking a Sales Representative to act as the liaison between our Subject Matter Experts and Sales Teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
This will be a full-time position located at our Westport Technology Center in Houston, Texas. Westport is the flagship office of Intertek’s Upstream Services, and is one of the largest integrated laboratories in the world focused on Exploration and Production solutions.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails.
- Present our company to potential clients.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services.
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Subject Matter Experts.
- Report to the Business Development Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or relevant field required.
- Technical knowledge in upstream industry is required.
- Previous experience in the laboratory services for oil & gas upstream services in the area of EOR/IOR, PVT and fluid phase behavior, special core analysis, and/or production chemistry is preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, CRM software, and the ability to adapt to industry specific programs.
- Proven sales track record.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.