To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Burlington, WI 53105
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager Health and Safety (Burlington, Wisconsin, US)
Ardagh Group • Burlington, WI
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employ over 23,500 people and have global sales exceeding US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
The Plant Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for overseeing all safety operations at their designated Plant. This includes safety analysis and being knowledgeable in safety functions. As well as ensuring that all safety, operations and maintenance personnel are adequately trained in identifying safety needs and concerns and where applicable to conduct specific safety functions such as accident reviews and 8D ARMs reviews. The plant Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for supporting and monitoring the Health and Safety program for the Plant with focus on prevention and control of occupational injury and illnesses. A strong focus will be to ensure that all Ardagh policies, procedures and best practices are followed per company standards and creating a self-sufficient safety culture.
The Plant Health and Safety Manager will work under the direction of both the Plant Manager and Sr. Manager of Health and Safety.
- Provide and develop training and mentoring to develop plant personnel on health and safety matters. Training topics may include confined space, LO/TO, hearing conservation, SDS maintenance, recordkeeping and workers compensation.
- Provide direction and guidance to plant personnel on health and safety regulatory concerns while maintain/communication to corporate health and safety.
- Will assist the corporate H& S team in the development of annual OSHA training as well as BSafe! training. Will also manage the local CBT training platform.
- Lead and train plant personnel on BSafe! audit programs.
- Will manage and perform routine risk assessments as well as following up to corrective actions on findings.
- Recognize health and safety noncompliance matters as well as lead plant personnel in providing solutions to these noncompliance matters.
- Respond to regulatory request and assessments as well as provide solutions to any enforcement actions.
- Liaison for property inspection by insurance carrier and will also be responsible for facilitating the completion of findings.
- Will manage and work with the corporate Health and Safety Team on business continuity and emergency response plans as well as drills.
- Conduct comprehensive analytical loss studies to identify areas affecting frequency, severity and the Severity Index.
- Lead plant personnel in developing strategies to address identified loss issues.
- Development and assist plant personnel with the BSafe! Summer and Winter plans as well as annual safety action plans.
- Manage the 8D root cause process, accident investigations.
- Lead the local plant safety committee.
- Manage, develop and implement Ardagh best practices.
- Assist with the return to work program.
- Will manage FSPP completion in ARMS.
- Develop Job Hazard Analysis as well as SOPs.
- Ensure that contractor health and safety compliance is effectively implemented.
- Manage the annual contractor air monitoring, audiograms, respiratory fit testing as well as hearing molds and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for OSHA Logs as well as annual entry into the OSHA database.
- Manage the upkeep for the online insurance carrier’s findings database.
- Will take an active role in on site construction projects as well as the management of change process.
- Develop and maintain local health and safety programs and documents.
- Support Ardagh safety initiatives such as OEG reviews, annual safety assessments, best practice implementation, workers compensation, risk management, safety regulatory enforcements compliance and as directed by corporate health and safety.
- Lead and locally manage insurance certificate process.
- Will be expected to assist with the return to work program as well as claims reviews.
- Responsible for operational safety compliance with customer requirements and request.
- Will participate in annual budgeting for safety related issues.
- Leading local plant in ISO 45000
Environmental responsibilities may include Tier II reporting in conjunction with chemical inventory for SDSs.
- Emergency planning for releases and or spills.
- ISO 140001 assistance
- Facilitation of Environmental 8D process
- Waste Tracking
- Off Site Plan for Chemicals
- New Chemical Review
- Liaison with environmental regulators
- Sara Form R assistance
- Hazardous Waste training
Candidate must be able to make informed decisions on the management of health and safety risks working in a collaborative environment with others (Human Resources, Environmental, Legal, Risk and operations).
Candidate must be able to rapidly internalize complex information inputs and render decisions that maximize health and safety opportunity for Ardagh.
Candidate must be able to self-manage, have excellent time management skills and maintain relationships with plant personnel and corporate health and safety to ensure effective implementation of all health and safety programs and initiatives.
Typical problems/challenges faced by this position:
- Regulatory inspection internal or external
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Initiate design and develop SOPs, Best Practices or policies to comply with health and safety regulations.
Undergraduate degree in health and safety or a related field.
Minimum of 7 years of health and safety experience.
Must have solid knowledge of federal, state and local Health and safety regulations. Workers compensation knowledge is a plus.
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to work both in both individual and team work settings.
Ability to positively influence others to achieve health and safety goals.
Self-motivated and the ability to make independent and informed prioritized decisions.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.