No weekends, nights, holidays, or on call!
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse- OR
The delivery of patient care through the framework of the nursing process (assessment, diagnosis and patient outcome) in the preoperative, interoperative and postoperative phase of the surgical patient.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Supervisor of Clinical Services
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
* Current Registered Nurse License
* Current American Heart Assn. BLS and ACLS certifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrates current, comprehensive professional knowledge and skills in conformance with recognized nursing standards and department policies including the Patient Bill of Rights and JCAHO regulations, Standards for Nursing Care and the Nurse Practice Act.
* Assesses physiological and psychosocial health status of patient.
* Assesses pain per policy.
* Completes patient history.
* Verbally reports pertinent information to appropriate staff to provide continuity of care.
* Legibly documents information in patient record and signs record using appropriate professional title.
* Assesses level of understanding and expectations of care.
* Identifies desired patient outcomes.
* Establishes nursing diagnosis.
* Establishes patient/family goals that are mutually acceptable.
* Formulates Plan of Care for the patient.
* Implements nursing care plans tailored to patient/family needs.
* Demonstrates ability to assess and problem solve.
* Responds to emergencies.
* Practices within legal and ethical guidelines (Nurse Practice Act, legal statutes, ANA code for Nurses, PRMC Policy and Procedures.
* Performs nursing actions that demonstrate accountability (demonstrates flexibility, exercises safe judgment).
* Continually adjusts care plan based on patient/family data.
* Demonstrates proper preoperative process - communication/report.
* Demonstrates proper procedure and documentation for surgical case counting.
* Demonstrates proper aseptic technique.
* Demonstrates efficient turnover time.
* Demonstrates proper technique for obtaining blood products.
* Demonstrates proper patient identification verification per policy.
* Demonstrates proper surgical site identification and marking per policy.
* Anticipates surgeon's needs during surgical procedure.
* Participates in a Profession Nursing Organization.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Health Care