The Finance function at WTW serves both internal and external customers: colleagues within our company, client organizations, shareholders, financial institutions, vendors and regulatory agencies around the world. The Senior Accountant will be a member of the North America Corporate Accounting practice.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to build a career at WTW. The individual filling this role will be responsible for assisting in managing the Fixed Assets offshore team and for the Company's fixed asset related accounting processes, as well as support the month-end close process for various areas within Corporate Accounting that will impact our global accounting processes.
In addition, this position requires excellent communication skills, high degree of business acumen, strong problem-solving, ability to take ownership through execution, data skill management and strong busines partnering skills.
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
* Be a strategic business partner in cross-functional departments to drive the accurate and timely reporting.
* Performs critical month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities including Fixed Assets and Other General Ledger processes.
* Assist with preparation of quarterly management financial packages and support quarterly reporting disclosures requirement.
* Oversees the fixed asset sub-ledger and associated reporting, including monthly financial close and provides guidance over the Company's fixed assets policies to the offshore operations team.
* Reviews monthly reconciliations and journal entries prepared by the offshore operations team.
* Service as a key coordinator for analysis with internal and external auditors.
* Prepare meaningful variance analysis for balance sheet and P&L to support the management decision-making process.
* Assist in establishing, implementing, maintaining, and monitoring accounting control procedures and global accounting policies.
* Performs ad-hoc projects and analysis as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
* 3+ years of corporate accounting experience in a large organization preferred.
* Experience using Oracle ERP software preferred.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint).
* Strategic thinker with a hands-on approach to problem solving and a customer centric mindset.
* Ability to resolve exceptions and disputes as well as manage client expectations.
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
WTW may be subject to employment-related COVID-19 vaccination mandates from time to time in certain jurisdictions that may require certifying and providing documentation of vaccination against COVID-19 to work in a WTW office.
EOE, including disability/vets
- Balance Sheet
- Commercial Awareness
- Decision Making