Responsible for the strategic growth and management of multiple partner channels or services for major market segment(s). Plays an integral role in the development of market strategies (i.e. integrated payments, sales, pricing, expense planning, profit plans, packaging, future products etc.) and goals and assures their successful implementation; monitors the achievement of such goals.
- Build partner channel strategy, value proposition, sales materials, referral infrastructure and pipeline. Deliver sales presentations to integrated payments partners/ISV executives on the value of partnering with M&T Bank Merchant Services. Understand integrated payments, the payments industry and develop strategies for partnership. Negotiate partner agreements and sign new partners.
- Develop and manage relationships with a portfolio of M&T partners to grow and retain share and revenue. Create ongoing feedback loop with partner and internal teams at M&T (relationship, strategic alignment, product roadmap, customer care, etc.)
- Work with high-performing and high-potential ISV/Integrated Payments partners to develop an annual joint business plan that defines the strategies and activities to meet revenue goals; review and assess plan progress in partner-facing quarterly business reviews, making changes as appropriate
- Develop annual forecast and report on revenue progress vs. goals – provide insight into results and present opportunities to address or exceed current performance
- Drive ongoing partner alignment sessions to review partner pipeline, conduct win/loss analysis, and develop account penetration strategies to identify and build new sales opportunities
- Manage onboarding and certification process for newly assigned partners to ensure partner integrations include all appropriate features and follow an expedient path to revenue recognition
- Advise partners on emergent trends and best practices in the payments industry and how M&T’s technology aligns with these issues
- Proactively anticipate and address concerns and service issues with partner and internal teams. Represent partner needs and requirements to internal teams and drive toward resolution
- Engage and manage internal resources in support of partnership objectives, plans and sales opportunities (e.g., direct sales, product, channel marketing, account management, pricing, etc.)
- Also manage customer referral program for customers desiring to refer new business to M&T Bank.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Sets strategic direction for new channels/partners, and presents business plans to senior management and employees.
- Responsible for channel partner sales and sales channel strategy.
- Directly responsible for channel pricing cost structure, as well as channel risk. Responsible for all channel financials including revenue planning and channel profitability.
- Review new developments in company markets, evaluating and recommending new services or new products, or the modification of existing services or products. Evaluate new product/services success; implement and manage changes in service or marketing strategy.
- Manage all aspects of new partner implementation to include but not limited to the design and development of services, portfolio acquisition and process improvements; act in a liaison capacity with affected departments.
- Evaluate new product/services success; recommend changes in service or marketing strategy. Recommend product pricing, understanding the cost structure.
- Ensure product/services are marketable, profitable and comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain an awareness of new trends and developments in marketing and company products and services.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 years’ proven marketing, product management, financial, operations and/or project management experience,
- OR in lieu of a degree,
- A combined minimum of 11 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 7 years
- Proven partner, channel, product and/or project management experience.
Buffalo, New York, United States of America
- Product Management
- Account Management
- Process Improvements (Business)
- Direct Selling
- Value Proposition