This position will be responsible for safely operating a transport truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). This position serves as critical support to all areas and/or functions of this location and ensuring the continued commitment to taking care of our customers. The Driver must exhibit a thorough understanding of the equipment being operated and the products being delivered.
• In a timely and safe manner, drive the transport truck to bring materials in liquid or packaged form to and from specified destinations.
• While making deliveries, will collect empty drums and portable totes.
• As may be necessary, will collect payment for goods delivered and for required delivery charges.
• Expected to understand the applicable procedures in the delivery process.
• May be required to lift and carry long hoses to dispense product at customer locations.
• Maintain equipment in clean, organized and safe working condition.
• Maintain compliance with DOT Regulations. Responsible to perform pre-trip, post-trip, and in-transit inspections and report and act on issues accordingly.
• Drivers are the face of the company and will be expected to look and conduct themselves in a professional and safe manner.
• Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 2+ years’ CDL truck driving experience, inclusive of 1 year of hazardous materials experience.
• Class A CDL.
• Tanker and hazmat endorsements are required.
• Must have basic math and reading for English comprehension skills.
• Basic computer skills inclusive of understanding and utilizing electronic logs, employee time reporting and utilization of e-mail.
• Must be highly motivated and have a disposition for outstanding customer service and teamwork.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment for this job may include exposure to all weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and may occasionally lift and/or move 40 - 60 pounds.
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.
Colonial Group, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer and committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our organizations .
Drive Commercial Vehicle