The Emergency Department (ED) Paramedic is a certified and/or licensed paramedic and is part of the hospital's Emergency Department patient care team. Reporting to the ED Nursing Director or Nursing Manager, the ED Paramedic collaboratively works in a complementary and assistive role with nursing. Under the direct clinical supervision of the licensed physician present in the same area or adjacent area, the paramedic provides assistance and performs procedures, and is authorized to provide advanced life support, administer medications and perform a patient evaluation of signs and symptoms based on their field skill sets. The ED Paramedic assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
WORK LOCATION: CHRISTUS Santa Rosa - Westover Hills, 11212 TX-151, San Antonio, TX 78251Requirements
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- Successfully passed paramedic exam
- One year of experience as a Paramedic in a 9-1-1 or hospital setting required; 3 years preferred.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Current certification as an EMT-P in the state of Texas
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS Certifications
- NRP within 90 days of hire
Basic Life Support