Senior Payroll Specialist - HIGH VOLUME (450+ employees on weekly basis)
Why take a Payroll Specialist opportunity with this company?
• Our client is a leading employer in the construction industry in the Orlando market
• They are one of the leaders in their field
• With a large and growing team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department.
• Some current employees say:
• Benefits program is top notch
• It was the best job, great bosses and upper management.
• A great company that offered me great opportunities.
• The Payroll Specialist will oversee the weekly processing of payroll, evaluating complex payroll issues, ensuring proper protocols are followed.
What the Payroll Specialist will do
• Subject matter expert on payroll regulations, errors and policy. Assist payroll supervisor and manager with interpretation and recommendation on legislative or policy changes.
• Audits various payments processed by the payroll team including bonus payouts, correction of hours, off cycle batch processing, ensuring appropriate overtime rules, deductions, benefits and accruals are applied.
• Payroll Specialist with initiate, maintain, and release garnishment orders assigned, within compliance standards, accurately and consistently.
What the company needs in a Payroll Specialist:
• 3+ years of full cycle payroll experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel is a PLUS
• Multi-state payroll processing is a PLUS
• Payroll Specialist must have experience in Federal/State/Local labor laws
Perks of the Payroll Specialist role:
• Very team oriented
• Significant room for growth
• Work/life balance