For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high-performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will Design, develop, and evaluate a product, assembly, system, or process from concept through production stage, and make modifications as needed.
• Research, develop, and evaluate design concepts including materials, specifications, equipment, or machines.
• Perform or facilitate installation/testing related to the product, system, or process.
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing products or processes.
• Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
• Work with external customers, distributors, vendors, or suppliers to initiate new designs and solve problems.
• Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
• May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing products or processes.
• May assist with quote or request for quote process.
• Performs moderate technical work that requires experience.
• Capable of defining appropriate approaches and solutions. Able to define critical project criteria to ensure project completion.
• May act as lead on projects and guide lower level engineers and technicians.
• Works under limited supervision.
• Contributes to the team and projects in an above average manner.
• Experienced engineer with 5+ years of career experience, with Bachelor's degree. 3+ years experience with Master's degree. PHD entry level. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Furthers knowledge of profession through continued education and/or seeking mentorship.
• Specific skills, proficiencies, and knowledge in field related to position, as identified by department leadership.
• Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
• High level of customer service skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques is preferred.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Proficiency with a computer, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
• Travel may be necessary, based on position.
Raven is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Complex Problem Solving