Let Vaco serve as your advocate in presenting you to our top clients who are looking for investment banking professionals. Our clients have immediate opportunities for Property Accountants; don't let your resume get lost in the shuffle - let us work for you! At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the real estate industry - keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture, and growth opportunities. If you are experienced in real estate / property management accounting as a Property Accountant, and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Property Accountant, familiar with real estate and/or property management accounting, you will analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities.
Additional responsibilities of the Property Accountant include:
- Prepare internal financial reports for management on a monthly basis to reflect the operational and financial status of the Company
- Maintain general ledger and internal accounting controls
- Monitor monthly construction project job costs
- Reconcile, verify and validate all entries and postings to balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Prepare annual CAM reconciliations and estimates
- Facilitate the annual review of the Company's consolidated financial statements with outside auditors
- Facilitate the preparation of annual and individual tax returns with outside tax preparers
- Review leases and update lease abstracts
- Experience with Yardi Voyager required
- Real estate industry experience required
As a successful and experienced Property Accountant, you must be familiar with analyzing business operations, trends, costs, revenues, and obligations to project future revenues, expenses, or to provide advice.
Additional requirements of the Property Accountant role include:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• 4 years of progressively responsible real estate and/or property management accounting experience
Standard Accounting Practices