The Charlotte is now accepting applications for Part Time Security Guard / Courtesy Officer. This position provides security and/or assists residents, families and guests with the familiarity of the campus services. The Courtesy Officer responds to emergency calls, performs security checks on the hour and coordinates the locking down and unlocking of the buildings under the supervision of the Director of Facility Services. Must be available to work 12 hour shift overnight.
Experience and Skills:
- High school graduation or GED required.
- Technical training in mechanics, electrical, plumbing, or HVAC desired.
- CPR Certification desired.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Mechanical or maintenance experience required.
- Two years' experience in a similar courtesy or security position desired.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to use hand tools, carts and dollies.
- Must have valid drivers license.
- Work outdoors and indoors during the work day (fluorescent lights, HVAC system, carpeted flooring, normal office noise levels).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs.
- Ability to climb extension ladder up to and above roof height.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 100 pounds or more.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Respond to medical emergencies on a rare occasion.
- Assist with resident evacuations, if ever required.
PTO & 401k
Certified First Responder