The DC Certified Trainer perform the tasks of pick, pack, ship, replenishment put away and pick, and returns scanning with the ability to handle RTV responsibility. This position is accountable for individual performance to exceed standard and exhibits full understanding of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and DC processes, contributing to team success. This position uses that understanding to be a role model, train new associates and function as the backup for the Lead. This position works under general supervision, interacting with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs the following tasks according to existing procedures, meeting and exceeding accuracy and productivity targets: selects and counts product, verifies product information, replenishes stock locations, operates light pick, scans product*, and records inventory transactions.
• Maintains accuracy of 99.8% or higher by paying strong attention to detail
• Reports issues and ideas to supervision and maintains a safe and clean work environment
• Rotate between multiple job functions with minimal direction as needed; assists the Lead and performs as a backup in their absence.
• Trains all new associates in their functional area according to the Standard Operating Procedures manual through detailed knowledge of that area and understanding of the impact of the functional area on the entire operation
• Operates computer terminal and RF scanner unit and exhibits full understanding of WMS
• Coaching – Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge / skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
• Contributing to Team Success – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
• Safety Awareness – Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
• High School Diploma or GED preferred or at least 3 months of warehouse, distribution or manufacturing experience required
• Minimum of 6 months as a Senior Distribution Associate
• Must be forklift certified or pass GameStop certification within 3 months of employment
• Must have no more than 2 attendance incidents in a 6 month period. (Awaiting Clarification)
• Must be able to lift and/or move boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 50 lbs., horizontally, and from ground level to a minimum height of 4 feet
• Must be able to walk and stand for 8 hours or more a day
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Possess accurate typing and data entry skills
• Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
• Working knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Officer Programs; specifically, Excel, Word and Outlook
• Ability to Organize, prioritize, and control job responsibilities
• Ability to be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and perform basic task work to meet deadlines
• Proficient understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply divide)
• Ability to read and comprehend printed data/information, and data/information displayed on PC monitor
• Ability to recognize discrepancies in written/recorded data/information
• Ability to accept constructive feedback and improve their training skills on an ongoing basis
• Possess working analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Working knowledge of GameStop WMS & RF scanner system
• Working ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
• Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
- Data Entry
- Warehouse Management System
- Distribution (Business)
- Microsoft Excel