To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jersey City, NJ 07310
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology (IT) Auditor
Kforce Technology • Jersey City, NJ
Posted 14 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of an Information Technology (IT) Auditor in Jersey City, New Jersey (NJ).
- Evaluate the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of Bank policies, procedures, and internal controls as they relate to the Information Technology Projects and Business Application Systems as per the terms of the Inspection General Audit charter and guidelines of the Bank
Ensure the adequacy of controls for new Information Technology projects/systems, systems enhancements, and operating procedures by:
- Obtaining a comprehensive understanding of the current process and evaluating the control strengths and weaknesses within the current process that must be addressed by the proposed solution
- Obtaining a comprehensive understanding of the proposed solution through a review of business and functional specifications, observation of system development committees, and attendance at system demonstrations
- Evaluating the control points and weaknesses identified within proposed processes
- Discussing identified weaknesses with the appropriate areas to ensure internal control weaknesses will be addressed and satisfactorily resolved
- Reviewing project governance, security requirements and capabilities of proposed systems
- Observing and reviewing the results of system tests and user acceptance tests
- Reporting to management as to the adequacy of controls implemented in the project and system
- Follow audit professional standards and regulatory requirements in the performance of the day to day function of internal auditor
- Perform audits of Information Technology operating procedures and processing systems, to test operating procedures and processing systems through the performance of detailed fieldwork, to examine and evaluate results, to assess adequacy of controls, to communicate results, and to direct follow-up efforts
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field required, Advanced degree (MS) is desired; CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) preferred, CISM (Certified Information Systems Manager), and/or PMP (Project Management Professional) a plus
- Minimum of five (5) years recent experience in Information Technology audit including pre and post-implementation reviews
- Strong background with applications controls and testing
- Extensive experience in principles and techniques of Information Systems auditing
- Understanding of management principles and the ability to recognize and evaluate deviations from good business practices
- Ability to maintain effective relations between auditors and auditees, and effectively communicate audit results to a wider, non-technical audience
- Motivated self-starter
- Exceptional analytical abilities, strong organization and teamwork skills
- Experience with banking and financial systems (Trading and Settlement systems, Money Transfer systems, Compliance and Surveillance systems, etc.)
- Able to demonstrate business tactical and strategic thinking, be innovative and creative with an ability to think outside of the box
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation), interpersonal skills, strong facilitation and interviewing skills
- Comfortable discussing IT Controls with bank's management, and selling recommendations pertaining to technology/systems under review
- Strong risk and control awareness, and knowledge of risk assessment methodology
- One (1) or more years of direct project management experience
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.