To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Gate Gourmet • Boston, MA
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are currently looking for a billing clerk to join our finance team based in Boston, Massachusetts. Reporting to the billing supervisor, billing clerk will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of billing information and bills airlines/non-airlines for services rendered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Daily review of flight service tickets for accuracy, input corrections into CxP Portal
- Perform SAP back-flushing
- Manually create billings for charters (101C) and off-scheduled flight activity
- Audit flight tickets prior to cycle change assuring accuracy of menus and billing codes
- Research billing discrepancies, assist with resolution due to price, quantity and service discrepancies
- Escalate to Account Services Group any billing, pricing and cycle related issues
- Assist dispatcher with processing of flights, communication with internal and external customers
- Assist with other tasks and special projects as needed
- High School graduate or GED.
Work Experience :
- Minimum 1year experience in an administrative role required.
Job Skills :
- Excellent Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word skills.
- 2 years experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detailed oriented
- Good basic math, analytical, follow-up, problem solving and organizational skills
- Familiar with ERP software and SAP experience a plus.
- Airline and food manufacturing industry experience helpful
- Ability to adapt well to change and change management
- Must be able to understand and apply basic knowledge of an ERP system
- Must have a solid working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Office
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must thrive in a team based environment
- Must have the ability and desire to meet required timelines, and be proactive in problem solving
Communication Skills :
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers verbally and in writing.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations :
Environmental Requirements :
- In a normal production kitchen facility there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position :
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through Pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf