To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD 20670
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Systems Administrator III
Scientific Research Corp • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 17 days ago
Other Great Industries
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, performs installations and upgrades, conducts day-to-day operational maintenance/backups, and provides support for applications, such as various Linux workstations and servers. This position includes maintenance of operating systems, virtual machines, physical servers, and storage systems for these applications.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• This job requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and four years work related experience or a Master's degree and two years work related experience in a relevant technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Performing work in this job's occupational field requires experience with managing software and hardware solutions
• This job requires the appropriate IA Workforce Certifications and experience with eMASS
• In relation to other jobs in the same function, this job requires an intermediate level of proficiency to apply broad knowledge and experience
• The primary or most necessary skills required for this position are communication, team building, craft, and vocational skills
• IAT Level III certification (Certifications include one or more of the following: CASP, CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH)
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability and experience in performing administration on a wide variety of Linux based client/server platforms
• Ability to perform trade off analysis in security related scenarios
• Desired certifications include one or more of the following: Security+, CAP, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), OSCP
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000417133506
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.